• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

It's sports.  Entire legend is made about how adults act at soccer games and kill people.  So that's it.  People care.  As long as Freak doesn't kill someone.  I would like him being much more optimistic obviously, but we're not all wired the same.

If Jim Leavitt or Deion were in that locker room right now you'd see an optimistic me.  I just see this on rerun in three years.   USF is in a pit and I'm pessimistic simply about the ability for a Tennessee assistant to dig us out.  That's really it.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,477

1 minute ago, USFreak said:

If Jim Leavitt or Deion were in that locker room right now you'd see an optimistic me.  I just see this on rerun in three years.   USF is in a pit and I'm pessimistic simply about the ability for a Tennessee assistant to dig us out.  That's really it.

We get that you are hurt. I can't believe the administration did this to you and your fandom. I don't know if I should buy you a drink or a box of tissues.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

17 minutes ago, USFreak said:

I've yet to hear somebody say Golesh was on the top of their draft board.  And that's my point, Deion, Leavitt, maybe that Coastal Carolina guy or maybe Tom Herman seemed to be at the top.  Am I wrong?  Two of those really turn this ship around toots sweet (I have no idea what toots sweet means but since I'm the old dinosaur here it sounds good). 

You make the best of this guy but there a very slim chance he sees success. The cupboard is empty and just installing a new coach to a bottom-tier team in a bottom tier conference with questionable facilities and future ain't exactly what the doctor ordered.  He's got a big mountain to climb and maybe he's the best recruiter with a Andy Reid level grasp of offenses and will find the best D-Coordinator in the biz.  Who's to say?  I hope he proves us all wrong.  Again, I thought Charlie Strong was probably the best hire we made in the post-Leavitt era and that was a trainwreck.

I'm fine with the insults.  They are getting upset with me for piling on a 3-28 team that you have to drive to Dale Mabry to watch with a crowd smaller than they had over for Thanksgiving this year.

I'd be mad too when somebody spits a little truth that I don't want to hear.  The fact I've mixed in UCF here and there (really for comparison sake only) just puts more salt on the wound.

Now yer on the trolley!

Was Leavitt on top of your draft board back around 1995 od 1996??

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

Ok, let's at least talk about facts or opinion and not each other. 

6 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

We get that you are hurt. I can't believe the administration did this to you and your fandom. I don't know if I should buy you a drink or a box of tissues.

I was a bit crazed from about 97 - 2008 or so.  I've tapered off.  That wasn't really due to the fact we were good or bad although when Leavitt was shown the door I really felt it was going to have an impact on the program and progress.  I more just grew up and found pursuits that were far more enjoyable than wasting a Saturday on football.  (full disclosure: I've wasted some Sundays on the Broncos).

You seem to like to insult me in many of your posts whereas I haven't insulted you (to my knowledge) in any thread I've posted.  In fact, a lot of posters have insulted me.  People usually do that when they have a weaker argument.   Feel free to keep insulting me, but maybe put a little meat on the bone.  This isn't over an maybe you see a Baby Jesus or a Shining Star that drags this team out of the cellar.

Or insult me, it's all good.

Edited by USFreak

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,477

I was a bit crazed from about 97 - 2008 or so.  I've tapered off.  That wasn't really due to the fact we were good or bad although when Leavitt was shown the door I really felt it was going to have an impact on the program and progress.  You seem to like to insult me in many of your posts whereas I haven't insulted you (to my knowledge) in any thread I've posted.  In fact, a lot of posters have insulted me.  People usually do that when they have a weaker argument.   Feel free to keep insulting me, but maybe put a little meat on the bone.  This isn't over an maybe you see a Baby Jesus or a Shining Star that drags this team out of the cellar.

Or insult me, it's all good.

You did well enough insulting yourself admitting that you are a UCF fan. Be gone!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

Feel free to keep insulting me, but maybe put a little meat on the bone. 

Please don't.  Insults, personal attacks, etc. will get you the offender put away for a while.

No need.

4 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Was Leavitt on top of your draft board back around 1995 od 1996??

I knew nothing of him but his work ethic was the stuff of legend from Day 1.  The trailers only added to that lure.  Having been around him off and on over those years tough to fault the guy for all he did.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Please don't.  Insults, personal attacks, etc. will get you the offender put away for a while.

No need.

By "meat on the bone" I mean - try and say something intelligent while insulting me.

2 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

You did well enough insulting yourself admitting that you are a UCF fan. Be gone!

Man, did UCF touch you in a bad place?  Point to it?  Momma will help you.  Hopefully UTSA doesn't do the same.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Brad said:

I have no idea how this topic went so off road. 

aaa.jpg