• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, bulloni said:

The deal is 99% done and we should look for a meeting at 8:00 AM monday? Better ask @usfocsiscoming

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the design firm had been selected and they were currently working.  If no contract has been signed yet, I wonder how much work has actually been done.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

The deal is 99% done and we should look for a meeting at 8:00 AM monday? Better ask @usfocsiscoming

🤣

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I thought the design firm had been selected and they were currently working.  If no contract has been signed yet, I wonder how much work has actually been done.  

Yes, the firms were selected but they needed to work out the contract details, which is what details that came out today said.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

Yes, the firms were selected but they needed to work out the contract details, which is what details that came out today said.

Yes, that's what the tweet said.  I was just saying I wonder if they started any work without a contract signed.  I know if we've worked with a client before, we'll do some upfront work knowing that the client will eventually sign the contract, but we don't do stadiums so who knows.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

39 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

They are in the design phase at the moment. I would believe that the design phase will carry well into 2023 before we see everything. 

The goal was to break ground in the spring of 2024 and the build phase will take 24-27 months.

The one thing they can not do is miss the opening date like they did on the IPF. I understand the supply line set backs and such, but just imagine if they start construction with a "target" date of July or August 2026 and it's not ready til November. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

The one thing they can not do is miss the opening date like they did on the IPF. I understand the supply line set backs and such, but just imagine if they start construction with a "target" date of July or August 2026 and it's not ready til November. 

The team would have been in the IPF much sooner had we begun construction when we wanted to.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, John Lewis said:

The team would have been in the IPF much sooner had we begun construction when we wanted to.

Exactly my point. Just don't ever say that it will be/might be/should be or any other may be date or time and miss it on the long side.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Exactly my point. Just don't ever say that it will be/might be/should be or any other may be date or time and miss it on the long side.

The OCS timeline has been pretty clear from all of the statements that have been made by MK, WW, etc. Currently we're on track.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1