• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, USFreak said:

Lost in me being tagged as UCF's favorite fan-boy is that they are actually feeding the beast.  Alums on campus, packed stadiums, Big12 games, a tradition of winning and OCS is only continuing to build excitement and their coffers. It has been pointed out how much more they spend than us countless times and that's outside of their growing younger and older fanbase.

USF on the other hand is stuck in this culture of losing and watching people walk away from the program. There is no Saturday game-day tradition bringing this same element back to campus.  A lot of the donors (many not affiliated with USF) are no-longer around and have to see this as a bit of a sunk duck.  Sure, there may be some mystical sea of donors out there that can get this OCS built fast, but I don't see it.  The thing needed to be done yesterday and the first game needed to be next year.  It's crazy we are here.  I mean schools like UNCC and FAU have been able to accomplish more to move in this direction and they've barely been a blip.

BH4V0210.jpg

Welcome to Jerry Richardson Stadium

USF needs to prioritize winning before a stadium. IF we don't go bowling consistently again and continue to get blown out by terrible teams the stadium on campus will be empty.

• Off Topic 1
  • ???? 1

2 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

Yup. Welcome to NFL-lite

Field of Dreams 30 day movie challenge GIF *they

So you think people will pack an OCS to watch teams like Temple and ECU drop 40 on us and embarrass USF? I am for an OCS but winning should be priority one. Taking out massive loans if the product sucks is not smart. 

• Off Topic 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

USF needs to prioritize winning before a stadium. IF we don't go bowling consistently again and continue to get blown out by terrible teams the stadium on campus will be empty.

How come Tulane was able to get their OCS while they were losing most their games?

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So you think people will pack an OCS to watch teams like Temple and ECU drop 40 on us and embarrass USF? I am for an OCS but winning should be priority one. Taking out massive loans if the product sucks is not smart. 

See Tulane 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

How come Tulane was able to get their OCS while they were losing most their games?

See Tulane 

Tulane has been playing football for over hundred years. They have had a stadium before and were part of the SEC at one point. They destroyed old Tulane Stadium in the eighties if I recall correctly and it held like 80,000 people.  It hosted multiple super bowls in the seventies is how I know .  

image.png.e7beba0592d5f2ba2694a0a4066402b1.png

image.thumb.png.9b8365fdab9b01f992725f1fdc0cf87f.png

Edited by Outlaw
  • Off Topic 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Building an OCS and winning aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously we can do both and should. Off-campus home games are the lamest college football experience I've ever had. Even at Miami. I remember in '05, my friends and I got all painted up and had to take the metrorail to that game... with a bunch of people that couldn't care less there was a game happening. Compare that to games I went to at Auburn, FSU, UF, and even UCF, and it's clear why we have fallen behind. No on-campus gameday atmosphere. I have had the displeasure of attending games at the old Citrus Bowl too. Once C. Florida built their OCS, I knew it was a matter of time for their program to pass us. Been saying it since '07. Sure, winning is #1, but overall fan experience is right up there and can help buoy a program when they are down.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BULLSHTR said:

Building an OCS and winning aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously we can do both and should. Off-campus home games are the lamest college football experience I've ever had. Even at Miami. I remember in '05, my friends and I got all painted up and had to take the metrorail to that game... with a bunch of people that couldn't care less there was a game happening. Compare that to games I went to at Auburn, FSU, UF, and even UCF, and it's clear why we have fallen behind. No on-campus gameday atmosphere. I have had the displeasure of attending games at the old Citrus Bowl too. Once C. Florida built their OCS, I knew it was a matter of time for their program to pass us. Been saying it since '07. Sure, winning is #1, but overall fan experience is right up there and can help buoy a program when they are down.

I agree but we need to prioritize winning over the OCS. If we are not trending upward and winning games wasting the money and taking on massive debt is not smart.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

OCS has to happen. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree but we need to prioritize winning over the OCS. If we are not trending upward and winning games wasting the money and taking on massive debt is not smart.

Not being mutually exclusive means that one doesn't have to take priority over the other.

I don't think CF has regretted building the erector set once. Even when they went 0-12. Of course we won't sell out every game. We don't do that at Ray Jay either. The fans that show up regardless deserve it.

During my time at USF, the only time I ever felt the commuter school label was on game day. It's so much fun to drive 25 minutes on the interstate to go tailgate in a giant parking lot. /s

Edited by BULLSHTR
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think anybody would contradict you there.  They really need to start winning.  The OCS, if it ever comes, is 5+ years off.  No win, no interest, no money, no recruits, and Judy's life goal to pull a John Allen 2.0 will be complete.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

1 hour ago, BULLSHTR said:

I knew you were rational.  You are dumping on me for basically saying the same exact thing.   If I had no tie to the school I probably would care about them every bit as much as I care about Georgia or Auburn or Pitt.