• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Those comments definitely raise some serious questions about Kelly, who hired Scott and then extended him when it was already obvious it wasn't working. Hopefully this is the hire that resolves any concern and dispels that cloud.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Just goes to show you what a completely incompetent regime we had running things the past three seasons..........although I think deep down we all knew how incompetent they were  that after the Tulane loss in 2021.

Remember calling a spade a spade was frowned upon and the program had to suffer a whole other year because the culture  improved...

14 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Those comments definitely raise some serious questions about Kelly, who hired Scott and then extended him when it was already obvious it wasn't working. Hopefully this is the hire that resolves any concern and dispels that cloud.

Preach 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

This is what i am hoping as well.  But if Golesh ends up shyting the bed, Kelly shouldn't be allowed to hire a third coach IMO.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

This is what i am hoping as well.  But if Golesh ends up shyting the bed, Kelly shouldn't be allowed to hire a third coach IMO.

If Golesh doesn't pan out there might not be a program left to hire a coach for.

Our existence relies on Kelly's 2nd hire of a young inexperienced head coach. Welp.

🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, zarnozdabull said:

If Golesh doesn't pan out there might not be a program left to hire a coach for.

Our existence relies on Kelly's 2nd hire of a young inexperienced head coach. Welp.

🤦‍♂️

Exactly. Why I wanted a proven hire like Herman who instantly would improve our defense. I like what I see and hear from Golesh, but if we fail on the field then none of it matters. Wins matter and that is it.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Exactly. Why I wanted a proven hire like Herman who instantly would improve our defense. I like what I see and hear from Golesh, but if we fail on the field then none of it matters. Wins matter and that is it.

Based upon what CAG stated in his presser, it may have been that no experienced coach wanted to deal with the amount of work required just to get us back to mediocre. 

I will say this, I think the Safety comment is a bit of an exaggeration. Blackmon is listed as a safety, but is a corner back, Williams is listed as a S, but played CB, and Mitchell is a preferred walk-on legacy. In reality, we had 9 actual safeties out of 21 total DBs on the roster. We were pretty much running a Nickle defense most of the season, meaning that we usually had 5 DBs on the field at any given time. 

I'm excited to see the changes that CAG and company bring to the table! 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

6 hours ago, gibbsak said:

Yes.  7 Scholarship lineman I think got the borderline criminal and the 14 safeties got the negligence.  or vice versa.  Either way, I think it reveals a lot. 
I agree, I like what I hear, straight forward, not a lot of coach speak.  Want to see if any of it translates to W's.

This sounds spicy.  I need to listen to this one.  Thanks to the person that posted it.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

image.png.e26d7c30da1676bbb42f7c6099d5c565.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, WWMJD said:

Kelly, who hired Scott and then extended him when it was already obvious it wasn't working

:facepalm:. Hopefully .... maybe .... one day ....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

I like this guy... he's pretty **** straight forward. Likes the long ass winded answer with "what did you ask". Made me chuckle. He seems to go into detail that i dont remember hearing... ever.