• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Just watched the presser. 

Interesting tidbits:

- Mentions Marsh had a broken neck and something like "not sure what was said but that's what happened". Don't recall what CJS said about it but I mean come on. 

- Mentions how hard GB is working in the off-season and how he is involved in recruiting. Kinda quiet on BB. But also acknowledges he can't practice this Spring and therefore Spring likely wont tell us a whole lot. So yeah our QB battle will be insane. Can't wait for the drama. 

- He's kind of a loose cannon and dare I say has a bit of an attitude. Like, sarcasm, overtly looking at his watch. We have only had quintessential "nice guys" ever since Leavitt. So I'll take this as a good thing. 

- Related, burnout is a real thing so I hope the staff gets some time to chill soon. If you're burnt out or close you can't hide it. He is already coming across as a little taxed. 

It is a breathe of fresh air honestly. Especially after the coachspeak from the last couple of guys.

Makes sense why he is a good recruiter from all reports.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, olafberserker said:

What color is the sky in your world?

I downvote your nonsense about FCJS months after he's been fired ... let it go

Everything else is just out of context gibberish

Just my opinion and not directed at you necessarily but sometimes people conflate giving a ‘pass’ with reserving judgement.  CJS earned reserving judgement for a while due to things beyond his control like Covid and poor leadership above him but we’ve eclipsed that point in the timeline and it’s clear that he should be given no pass as he is just not a good coach.  But yes let’s look forward, our fanbase looks backward a little much and think it clouds judgement.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, hm101 said:

Interesting tidbits:

- Mentions Marsh had a broken neck and something like "not sure what was said but that's what happened". Don't recall what CJS said about it but I mean come on. 

- Mentions how hard GB is working in the off-season and how he is involved in recruiting. Kinda quiet on BB. But also acknowledges he can't practice this Spring and therefore Spring likely wont tell us a whole lot. So yeah our QB battle will be insane. Can't wait for the drama. 

- He's kind of a loose cannon and dare I say has a bit of an attitude. Like, sarcasm, overtly looking at his watch. We have only had quintessential "nice guys" ever since Leavitt. So I'll take this as a good thing. 

- Related, burnout is a real thing so I hope the staff gets some time to chill soon. If you're burnt out or close you can't hide it. He is already coming across as a little taxed. 

Jim Leavitt disagrees with you.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Just my opinion and not directed at you necessarily but sometimes people conflate giving a ‘pass’ with reserving judgement.  CJS earned reserving judgement for a while due to things beyond his control like Covid and poor leadership above him but we’ve eclipsed that point in the timeline and it’s clear that he should be given no pass as he is just not a good coach.  But yes let’s look forward, our fanbase looks backward a little much and think it clouds judgement.

Not sure why it would be directed at me at all or why it was a response to that post because I am not giving a pass or reserving judgement or anything else regarding Fcjs.

Nobody is doing what you said in the bold and that was the point of my posts.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

16 hours ago, Outlaw said:

It definitely was used on this thread and lots of threads over the last three years. As a said other coaches came into year 1 during covid and found a way to improve their team instead of take it backwards. Good coaches find ways to win and terrible coaches find ways to lose consistently.

I  don't think anyone is excusing Scotts performance the first two years. Surely I am not. Saying that he shouldn't have been fired after year 2 is not the same as excusing his performance.

A new coach should in my opinion get 3 years. Even if the results are disappointing the first two years in my opinion generally speaking you give a new coach at least the first part of the  third year. I am no defender of Kelly, but I think he made the coaching move at exact the right time.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

Why are we still discussing Leavitt, Strong or Scott in threads on this board. Enough we all know how they did and how people feel about them. Can we please move on to 2023 and what is happening now.

You can’t change the past, let’s discuss present. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,378
  • Days Won:  43

Just win, baby!! - Al Davis 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Why are we still discussing Leavitt, Strong or Scott in threads on this board. Enough we all know how they did and how people feel about them. Can we please move on to 2023 and what is happening now.

Recruiting on offense has been solid. February 2nd was probably the best recruiting day we have had since the Taggart era. A lot of work to be done recruiting on defense, but based on the press conference he understands that.  I wasn't sold at first, but I am getting there now, and based on the press conference I totally see how he totally nailed the job interview. He seems verry detail oriented. Loved how he talked about recruiting the kicking and long snapper position. There is no doubt he understands what needs to be done, and hopefully he can  implement his plan and get the results on the field.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,876
  • Days Won:  67

20 hours ago, hm101 said:

Interesting tidbits:

I love attitude and  sarcasm and for burnout, you burn from both ends of the candle to bring in players, and when practicing for games or spring, rest of the year you take the foot off the gas and rejuvenate.  I hated our last hire and like this one, not sure the guy can coach his way out of a wet paper bag but he is a lot like me and for that I am confident he is a winner.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,539
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

You forgot Taggart.