• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

:facepalm:. Hopefully .... maybe .... one day ....

I don't really know what this means. I'm not a rabid anti MK guy. But I don't know what you think when you hear "borderline criminal" and "negligent," but honestly I don't get a warm fuzzy about the person that hired the "borderline criminal...negligent" dude. I want this to work so bad so I hope this is the hire

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Watched the entire press conference and now feel better about our programs future. CAG is very intelligent and love his work ethic and attitude. He seems to actually have a plan and now how to execute that plan. I also really like how he seems to be a no BS type of guy who’s earned his way up the ladder. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

99 Balloons….

• Topic Count:  2,334
  • Content Count:  21,330
  • Days Won:  10

53 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

99 Balloons….

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

12 hours ago, WWMJD said:

I don't really know what this means. I'm not a rabid anti MK guy. But I don't know what you think when you hear "borderline criminal" and "negligent," but honestly I don't get a warm fuzzy about the person that hired the "borderline criminal...negligent" dude. I want this to work so bad so I hope this is the hire

The extensions he gave to every coach had nothing whatsoever to do with on the field results so allusions to what was or wasn't working about Scott at that point is a totally moot point ..... and the fact that MK hired the guy that was brutally honest with "borderline criminal" and negligent" assessments should be good for something, right?:shade:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,481
  • Days Won:  25

16 hours ago, WWMJD said:

I think we all do or we are the doormat of fbs football indefinitely  and it wasn't just a coaching cycle or class cycles .

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

The extensions he gave to every coach had nothing whatsoever to do with on the field results so allusions to what was or wasn't working about Scott at that point is a totally moot point ..... and the fact that MK hired the guy that was brutally honest with "borderline criminal" and negligent" assessments should be good for something, right?:shade:

It was basically free money and job security for the worst fbs coach in usf football and possibly fbs football history 1-26. If we fired scott after year 2 and brought in Herman we wouldn't be here at the bottom of fbs football today  . Now golesh has to clean up and learn to be a head coach at the same time.  Big risk for an ad that every coaching hire and extension looks bad outside of wbb.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,975
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

In addition the fact that VPMK made a mid season move when he said he wouldn't shows that he can adapt. 

Also let's not forget CJS was let go but so was Shoop. VPMK fired Shoop.

Yes I agree VPMK gave them way too long of a leash but the moves in October showed there was at least still a hand on the leash. 

VPMK needs to ditch the corporate speak and power points and focus on mobilizing his teams to win the games that are played on the fields and courts. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

39 minutes ago, hm101 said:

In addition the fact that VPMK made a mid season move when he said he wouldn't shows that he can adapt. 

Yes I agree VPMK gave them way too long of a leash but the moves in October showed there was at least still a hand on the leash. 

VPMK needs to ditch the corporate speak and power points and focus on mobilizing his teams to win the games that are played on the fields and courts. 

He got less than 3 years and one of those were interrupted by Covid, not sure that is "too long of a leash"

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I think we all do or we are the doormat of fbs football indefinitely  and it wasn't just a coaching cycle or class cycles .

It was basically free money and job security for the worst fbs coach in usf football and possibly fbs football history 1-26. If we fired scott after year 2 and brought in Herman we wouldn't be here at the bottom of fbs football today  . Now golesh has to clean up and learn to be a head coach at the same time.  Big risk for an ad that every coaching hire and extension looks bad outside of wbb.

you mean the kid of security that gets you fired less than a year later ...... 

let it go GIF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

36 minutes ago, hm101 said:

You can't fire a coach after two years ( especially after the first one was at the onset of covid), so I think Kelly fired Scott at the right time.

The more interesting question will be if there is no turn around in basketball, will Kelly make the move, since in that case a move has been long due.

Kelly in my opinion has two years to show that Golesh was the right hire, and to get the basketball situation righted. To be honest I wasn't happy with the Golesh hire until this week, but February 2nd changed things a bit. I loved that he was able to pull in two high end recruits, and I liked what I heard in the presser. Still to early to know whether Coach Golesh is the one, but I am more hopeful now.