• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,478
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

i didnt realize there was a timeframe of the past year. Seems odd to just limit it to the past year.

Moving the goal post to seem right.

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

What color is the sky in your world?

I downvote your nonsense about FCJS months after he's been fired ... let it go

And 

Amazing color for sunrise, Blue during the day with some clouds, beautiful sunsets with color, and at night greyish black. I am just a realist and don't praise people with zero accomplishments such as changing the culture from 3 fbs wins in a season gets you fired  to one fbs win in two seasons get you extended. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Moving the goal post to seem right.

I didn't move the goal post ... more made up nonsense ... let it go 

32 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If we go 4-8 this year which is normally bad; we would match the former coach in the previous three years. This is how bad of a coach we had and the fact is people are using the boogeyman covid as an excuse. Every team had the same circumstances we had and good coaches found ways to win. Golesh has spoken about about bad the team was left in under scott and hopefully he erases Jeff Scott from our memory. 

Nobody is using covid as an excuse for how bad of a coach he was .....  #Facts .. you set the goal post slippy

And you were referencing my comment about Covid in response to him being given too long of a leash ... had nothing to do with excusing his performance as a coach ..

move along scarecrow

wizard of oz scarecrow GIF

Edited by olafberserker

5 hours ago, belgianbull said:

You can't fire a coach after two years ( especially after the first one was at the onset of covid), so I think Kelly fired Scott at the right time.

The more interesting question will be if there is no turn around in basketball, will Kelly make the move, since in that case a move has been long due.

Kelly in my opinion has two years to show that Golesh was the right hire, and to get the basketball situation righted. To be honest I wasn't happy with the Golesh hire until this week, but February 2nd changed things a bit. I loved that he was able to pull in two high end recruits, and I liked what I heard in the presser. Still to early to know whether Coach Golesh is the one, but I am more hopeful now.

It definitely was used on this thread and lots of threads over the last three years. As a said other coaches came into year 1 during covid and found a way to improve their team instead of take it backwards. Good coaches find ways to win and terrible coaches find ways to lose consistently.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It definitely was used on this thread and lots of threads over the last three years. As a said other coaches came into year 1 during covid and found a way to improve their team instead of take it backwards. Good coaches find ways to win and terrible coaches find ways to lose consistently.

Where was it used in this thread?  It seems odd but maybe I missed it.  You've said one coach over and over .... there are programs that struggled coming off of covid too ... none of that matters though because the point is Fcjs failed and no one is excusing it ... let it go ... find a new schtick

Edited by olafberserker

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, belgianbull said:

You can't fire a coach after two years ( especially after the first one was at the onset of covid), so I think Kelly fired Scott at the right time.

The more interesting question will be if there is no turn around in basketball, will Kelly make the move, since in that case a move has been long due.

Kelly in my opinion has two years to show that Golesh was the right hire, and to get the basketball situation righted. To be honest I wasn't happy with the Golesh hire until this week, but February 2nd changed things a bit. I loved that he was able to pull in two high end recruits, and I liked what I heard in the presser. Still to early to know whether Coach Golesh is the one, but I am more hopeful now.

Huh?

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Where was it used in this thread?  It seems odd but maybe I missed it.  You've said one coach over and over .... there are programs that struggled coming off of covid too ... none of that matters though because the point is Fcjs failed and no one is excusing it ... let it go ... find a new schtick

I mentioned we should have hired Herman after year 2 and fired the coach. I also mentioned that Golesh called out how bad the program's shape was in under the previous coach like having 12 safeties. Jeff Traylor was brought up showing you can improve on a 4-8 team during year 1 of covid.   So technically I mentioned mentioned four total coaches.

Edited by Outlaw

Just now, Outlaw said:

I mentioned we should have hired Herman after year 2 and fired the coach. I also mentioned that Golesh called out how bad the program's shape was in under the previous coach like having 12 safeties. Jeff Traylor was brought up showing you can improve on a 4-8 team during year 1 of covid.   So technically I mentioned mentioned four total coaches.

lol, talk about moving goal posts ... how many of those guys improved a football team in year 1 of covid ... which is what we were discussing ... lol

wizard of oz scarecrow GIF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

40 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I am just a realist and don't praise people with zero accomplishments such as changing the culture from 3 fbs wins in a season gets you fired  to one fbs win in two seasons get you extended.

You're just trollin' now, aren't ya?

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,975
  • Days Won:  12

Just watched the presser. 

Interesting tidbits:

- Mentions Marsh had a broken neck and something like "not sure what was said but that's what happened". Don't recall what CJS said about it but I mean come on. 

- Mentions how hard GB is working in the off-season and how he is involved in recruiting. Kinda quiet on BB. But also acknowledges he can't practice this Spring and therefore Spring likely wont tell us a whole lot. So yeah our QB battle will be insane. Can't wait for the drama. 

- He's kind of a loose cannon and dare I say has a bit of an attitude. Like, sarcasm, overtly looking at his watch. We have only had quintessential "nice guys" ever since Leavitt. So I'll take this as a good thing. 

- Related, burnout is a real thing so I hope the staff gets some time to chill soon. If you're burnt out or close you can't hide it. He is already coming across as a little taxed. 

Edited by hm101
  • Upvote 1