• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome Coach Golesh

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, E.T. said:

I have not seen anything on Coach Go's contract . . .

Interesting info on his contract at Tennessee:  "Signed to an initial three-year deal at Tennessee, Golesh inked a revised deal with the Vols in August. It bumped his salary from $750,000 to $1.2 million and extended his term through the 2024 season. Golesh or USF would owe Tennessee 25% of the remaining salary he was due, or roughly $650,000, but the buyout can be waived “for good cause,” which includes becoming an FBS head coach “upon request” of Heupel, the contract stipulates."   Link

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Interesting info on his contract at Tennessee:  "Signed to an initial three-year deal at Tennessee, Golesh inked a revised deal with the Vols in August. It bumped his salary from $750,000 to $1.2 million and extended his term through the 2024 season. Golesh or USF would owe Tennessee 25% of the remaining salary he was due, or roughly $650,000, but the buyout can be waived “for good cause,” which includes becoming an FBS head coach “upon request” of Heupel, the contract stipulates."   Link

I am sure Heupel would say yes and would like to start the Heupel coaching tree.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

On the twitter Fowler Ave Collective space last night, AD Kelly said that Coach "Go" was on a zoom call with a lot of FL High School coaches.

Hope to hear more coaching hires today.

Go BULLS !!!

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He's growing on me

He's growing on me

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Listening to ESPNU radio on XM, specifically the “Off Campus” show. They had CAG on at about 4pm and based on what he said it looks like we had an offer out to him before the Tenn/Vandy game. He said his agent texted him after the game “you ready?” and he added that by the end of that week he had decided to accept the USF job. 

He talked about how easy it is to recruit here with HS talent and added that the transfer portal has made this job better than it’s ever been because all these kids want to come closer to home. 

He harped on the commitment we’ve recently made in Athletics and how he can put his stamp on the program. Part of the reason for taking this job was because he got to see the funding, architectural plans and blueprints of the stadium and liked what he saw. He noted that Ray Jay is a good stadium but it’s just not realistic to keep using it. 

He watched film on us and liked what he saw. Couldn’t figure out why we weren’t winning with all the talent, but when he got here and did some extra homework he realized what the issue was and already has a plan to tackle that. Sounded very confident in being able to turn this around quickly. 

Talked about a bunch of other stuff, including his prior coaching stops, but those were the highlights related to USF. 

For anyone wanting to listen to the interview, if you have XM and have the app, you can go to ESPNU channel, click on the proper show, and click on the proper segment which is labeled “Alex Golesh, USF HC”. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, usfsig said:

He watched film on us and liked what he saw. Couldn’t figure out why we weren’t winning with all the talent, but when he got here and did some extra homework he realized what the issue was and already has a plan to tackle that. Sounded very confident in being able to turn this around quickly. 

Everything else is window dressing. This is what I wanted to hear and something it didn't seem like Strong or Scott did well. Really scout what you have when you're starting and how to win with it. We're playing Tulsa and ECU not the SEC. It doesn't take a total rebuild to hit the ground running.

This is by far my favorite thing I've heard on Golesh so far

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, usfsig said:

He talked about how easy it is to recruit here with HS talent and added that the transfer portal has made this job better than it’s ever been because all these kids want to come closer to home.

Oh sweet summer child you will learn.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

23 minutes ago, usfsig said:

Part of the reason for taking this job was because he got to see the funding, architectural plans and blueprints of the stadium and liked what he saw. He noted that Ray Jay is a good stadium but it’s just not realistic to keep using it. 

This makes me wonder if the board signing off on the design firm means they know exactly what they're signing off on and for what price. If we have architectural plans and blueprints we gotta be close to having renderings if we don't already right?

All I want for Christmas is some stadium renderings

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

23 minutes ago, usfsig said:

They had CAG on at about 4pm and based on what he said it looks like we had an offer out to him before the Tenn/Vandy game. He said his agent texted him after the game “you ready?” and he added that by the end of that week he had decided to accept the USF job. 

So I'm a little hazy on the Deiongate timeline but wouldn't that offer, before the UT-Vandy game, had gone out before the Prime Time chain pulling commenced?