• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome Coach Golesh

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

17 minutes ago, bulloni said:

All I want for Christmas is some stadium renderings

I keep getting lovely collections notices, er, Christmas cards, from various fundraising arms of the University.  As it is, I may need to set up my own bellringer station outside the OCS site.

saturday night live snl GIF by TV Land Classic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

So I'm a little hazy on the Deiongate timeline but wouldn't that offer, before the UT-Vandy game, had gone out before the Prime Time chain pulling commenced?

That wouldn't surprise me at all. It wasn't USF that leaked anything about Sanders.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, bulloni said:

Everything else is window dressing. This is what I wanted to hear and something it didn't seem like Strong or Scott did well. Really scout what you have when you're starting and how to win with it. We're playing Tulsa and ECU not the SEC. It doesn't take a total rebuild to hit the ground running.

This is by far my favorite thing I've heard on Golesh so far

Agreed, I don't remember either of his predecessors mentioning how they watched film on us. They just came in and tried to square peg round hole us.

16 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Oh sweet summer child you will learn.

So the recruiting part was said more in the context of "you don't have to take a plane or go far to find talent". He also mentioned he held a Zoom call and had invited all of the HS coaches in FL and that he got to virtually introduce himself and speak with them and answer questions/take feedback from them. I've seen on Twitter quite a few HS coaches mentioning how happy they are already about that.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,017
  • Days Won:  10

22 hours ago, usfsig said:

Listening to ESPNU radio on XM, specifically the “Off Campus” show. They had CAG on at about 4pm and based on what he said it looks like we had an offer out to him before the Tenn/Vandy game. He said his agent texted him after the game “you ready?” and he added that by the end of that week he had decided to accept the USF job. 

He talked about how easy it is to recruit here with HS talent and added that the transfer portal has made this job better than it’s ever been because all these kids want to come closer to home. 

He harped on the commitment we’ve recently made in Athletics and how he can put his stamp on the program. Part of the reason for taking this job was because he got to see the funding, architectural plans and blueprints of the stadium and liked what he saw. He noted that Ray Jay is a good stadium but it’s just not realistic to keep using it. 

He watched film on us and liked what he saw. Couldn’t figure out why we weren’t winning with all the talent, but when he got here and did some extra homework he realized what the issue was and already has a plan to tackle that. Sounded very confident in being able to turn this around quickly. 

Talked about a bunch of other stuff, including his prior coaching stops, but those were the highlights related to USF. 

For anyone wanting to listen to the interview, if you have XM and have the app, you can go to ESPNU channel, click on the proper show, and click on the proper segment which is labeled “Alex Golesh, USF HC”. 

I like his "I am ready to go; bring it on attitude". He seems to feel that he has all the tools available to him to win now vs 3 years from now.   Also seems to feel like he can use the transfer portal to his advantage to built a team that is ready to compete next year. That's good to hear since I feel that the last coach always had the excuses coming.

Whether Coach Golesh will be successful here I don't know, but I like his candor and work ethic.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, usfsig said:

He watched film on us and liked what he saw. Couldn’t figure out why we weren’t winning with all the talent, but when he got here and did some extra homework he realized what the issue was and already has a plan to tackle that. Sounded very confident in being able to turn this around quickly. 

I listened to this as well and it only reaffirmed my content with this hire. Absolutely love the start this guy is having. To be fair about him saying he saw our film, he mentioned that he saw us when he was watching film prepping for the Florida game since Tennessee played them the week after we did, so it’s not really related to him watching film after he was hired as HC. He said he had no idea how we ended up being a 1 win team, but now that he’s here he understands why and what wasn’t working. Thought that was an interesting/great comment that shows he’s trying to get to the bottom of things. He also mentioned that he really enjoys the fact that he can come in and be the coach of a previous 1 win team, and how it’s exciting to be part of the rebuild. 

He’s saying all the right things and is surrounding himself with the right people. Excited to see what he can get done on the field. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, OcalaBull2 said:

I listened to this as well and it only reaffirmed my content with this hire. Absolutely love the start this guy is having. To be fair about him saying he saw our film, he mentioned that he saw us when he was watching film prepping for the Florida game since Tennessee played them the week after we did, so it’s not really related to him watching film after he was hired as HC. He said he had no idea how we ended up being a 1 win team, but now that he’s here he understands why and what wasn’t working. Thought that was an interesting/great comment that shows he’s trying to get to the bottom of things. He also mentioned that he really enjoys the fact that he can come in and be the coach of a previous 1 win team, and how it’s exciting to be part of the rebuild. 

He’s saying all the right things and is surrounding himself with the right people. Excited to see what he can get done on the field. 

Thanks for the clarification on that re: the film. I missed that part. I was typing as I was listening 🫣

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He's won everything he can at this point in his tenure. Next step is signing day. Then it is the real deal. He's crushed the first round.