• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

While the whole thing is certainly a *********** there are still a finite number of positions for players. USF was never any time soon going to compete for the top players. Players still have to put plays on film if they have any aspirations of playing in any of the “professional” leagues.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Anyone following the NIL drama at UF over the QB prospect? What a prime example of how big a joke the entire NIL system is. Just a flat-out horrible idea in every way, shape and form.

Seems like the UF collective offered 13 mil, but didnt actually have the money, so the kid has not enrolled yet. Now the collective is trying to renegotiate the deal. That is about it right?

Hopefully the kid sues for some or all of that money and then goes to another school, so it forces the NCAA to put some kind of rules in place around NIL.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

Gators are offering more than our yearly athletic budget for a single player. Lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, hm101 said:

what are we doing flying out west? weird. 

$13m for a QB prospect? I've been saying it from the beginning... something big is going to blow up in the NIL space and rightfully so... it's a mess. 

Think he mentioned guys from Florida or Florida ties.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Somebody else mentioned this, but the whole point was players getting a piece of the pie from the college football machine.  Instead it has just legalized McDonald's bags of cash from boosters.   What a joke

The creators knew what they were doing.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452

12 hours ago, hm101 said:

what are we doing flying out west? weird

$13m for a QB prospect? I've been saying it from the beginning... something big is going to blow up in the NIL space and rightfully so... it's a mess. 

Yeah that was my initial thought as well but perhaps working on some transfers so I’ll give the benefit of the doubt. My .02 is that we should slash the travel budget and focus on FL and adjoining states. I posted in another thread that UCFs only 2 Top 300 commits were both from Pinellas - that can’t happen. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

12 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Somebody else mentioned this, but the whole point was players getting a piece of the pie from the college football machine.  Instead it has just legalized McDonald's bags of cash from boosters.   What a joke

And I’m not sure how anyone could be surprised or couldn’t have foreseen it. Time to just give them what they want, finish the expansion and turn the SEC and Big Ten officially into the NFL’s minor league system.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488

11 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Seems like the UF collective offered 13 mil, but didnt actually have the money, so the kid has not enrolled yet. Now the collective is trying to renegotiate the deal. That is about it right?

Hopefully the kid sues for some or all of that money and then goes to another school, so it forces the NCAA to put some kind of rules in place around NIL.

Paying a kid 13 million  that may never see the field is foolish.  I enjoy watching the crap show go on but hopefully there are going to be some guidelines in place. If not the top winning programs and biggest donor pocket teams like the Bamas, Georgia's,  Ohio state , Texas ($$$), Texas A&M ($$$), and fee others with team donoe.pockets will just buy the best recruits and transfers year fter year. It will turn into about ten to twenty  teams willing to pay millions for players versus the others that won't and form essentially  two leagues of college football the big spenders and the leftovers.  Say you pay qb x 13 million but qb y outplays him and wins the job by a mile. Does qb y say pay me 14 million  or I walk or does he just take over qb x nil deal?

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

Based on the top reported/speculated payments, I think the figure was an accident. Check out the other NIL thread and look how much Bryce young potentially made. My guess is someone missed a period. $13m maybe should have been $1.3m.

Edited by CycleBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488

Just now, CycleBull said:

Based on the top reported/speculated payments, I think the figure was an accident. Check out the other NIL thread and look how much Bryce young potentially made. My guess is someone missed a period.

Well  it is the Gators... many of their fans and boosters never actually went to UF.