• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Based on the top reported/speculated payments, I think the figure was an accident. Check out the other NIL thread and look how much Bryce young potentially made. My guess is someone missed a period. $13m maybe should have been $1.3m.

That was kind of my first thought but it's in too many places. Maybe it's for 4 years and Bryce's was one year but it was still crazy and no wonder it's falling through.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

As olaf mentioned, the whole idea was to give the kids a piece of the money making machine that is college football, but the way this works, the schools themselves don’t have to share any of those millions of dollars of TV revenue that were at issue to begin with. People were pissed that the schools were raking in all this cash, paying coaches ridiculous salaries, building billion-dollar facilities, and the kids weren’t getting any of it. NIL doesn’t change that dynamic. The mega programs aren’t giving up any of their wealth. Instead, they’re relying on the fans/boosters to support the kids while making even more money by raising ticket prices, etc. What a GD scam and one that’s just built for abuse. The people running college sports are the smartest dumb asses around.

It was sold as the schools and ncaa were going to share their profits but really it is the fans,boosters, businesses, agents, and social  media scavengers like the usf grad selling and marketing horn  to Colorado. I am not giving any money to the nil scam but will continue  to contribute to athletics and football program if they show actual progress  this year.  I already in for this year.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

How about adding a freshman cap of $200K, a sophomore cap of $500K, and a junior/senior/transfer cap of $1M? You could also throw in bowl, playoff, and championship bonuses. Audit the players and have huge penalties on the schools if the cap is exceeded. This would allow the players to make darn good money on their supposed "NIL" while mostly keeping the arms race in check. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

How about adding a freshman cap of $200K, a sophomore cap of $500K, and a junior/senior/transfer cap of $1M? You could also throw in bowl, playoff, and championship bonuses. Audit the players and have huge penalties on the schools if the cap is exceeded. This would allow the players to make darn good money on their supposed "NIL" while mostly keeping the arms race in check. 

I still think those caps kill the small scores. The nil deals should just be based on stats or the ncaa pays up  money not the fans ,bolsters,  businesses, etc....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

As olaf mentioned, the whole idea was to give the kids a piece of the money making machine that is college football, but the way this works, the schools themselves don’t have to share any of those millions of dollars of TV revenue that were at issue to begin with. People were pissed that the schools were raking in all this cash, paying coaches ridiculous salaries, building billion-dollar facilities, and the kids weren’t getting any of it. NIL doesn’t change that dynamic. The mega programs aren’t giving up any of their wealth. Instead, they’re relying on the fans/boosters to support the kids while making even more money by raising ticket prices, etc. What a GD scam and one that’s just built for abuse. The people running college sports are the smartest dumb asses around.

All of this... do fans pay bucs players to come to Tampa? The fan funding of NIL collectives is horsefeathers. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345

55 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

This might keep the money in check, but it would make the transfer problem worse.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

It was sold as the schools and ncaa were going to share their profits but really it is the fans,boosters, businesses, agents, and social  media scavengers like the usf grad selling and marketing horn  to Colorado. I am not giving any money to the nil scam but will continue  to contribute to athletics and football program if they show actual progress  this year.  I already in for this year.

Then USF will continue to be a bad FCS level program, if people think like you do.  Them's the facts.  It's your money, give to what you want, or don't give at all, but if the greater USF community doesn't give to NIL, then the football program won't be able to attract recruits, and will even lose out to so called group of 5 programs that are funding NIL such as SMU, for example.  We will fall further and further behind even the Memphises, and SMUs, and UTSAs, and UABs of the world.

Give to what you want to give to but unless NIL is funded, CAG isn't going to be able to recruit ****.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452

10 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Then USF will continue to be a bad FCS level program, if people think like you do.  Them's the facts.  It's your money, give to what you want, or don't give at all, but if the greater USF community doesn't give to NIL, then the football program won't be able to attract recruits, and will even lose out to so called group of 5 programs that are funding NIL such as SMU, for example.  We will fall further and further behind even the Memphises, and SMUs, and UTSAs, and UABs of the world.

Give to what you want to give to but unless NIL is funded, CAG isn't going to be able to recruit ****.  

I’m not enabling this non-sense by donating either. I hope the fans of the 100+ schools this system screws over all boycott as well. This is beyond corrupt. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I’m not enabling this non-sense by donating either. I hope the fans of the 100+ schools this system screws over all boycott as well. This is beyond corrupt. 

Do what you want.  No one is forcing you to donate to anything.  Just don't be surprised if USF continues to suck and can't pull in any decent recruits.  

Other schools are funding NIL, including other AAC schools.