• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,977
  • Days Won:  12

Remember USF Athletics plans to award ~6500 to each qualifying student athlete. This will cost several mil per year.

Donations to the Annual Fund benefit USF broadly, AND the students get a piece of that action. 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Then USF will continue to be a bad FCS level program, if people think like you do.  Them's the facts.  It's your money, give to what you want, or don't give at all, but if the greater USF community doesn't give to NIL, then the football program won't be able to attract recruits, and will even lose out to so called group of 5 programs that are funding NIL such as SMU, for example.  We will fall further and further behind even the Memphises, and SMUs, and UTSAs, and UABs of the world.

Give to what you want to give to but unless NIL is funded, CAG isn't going to be able to recruit ****.  

That is fine .  Anyone  that wants to pay players and ruin college football is welcome to in this free country.  Eventually  i think college football is going to be ruined and something will have to chance and be governed by the ncaa. Are we going to start  giving NIL deals out to high school and youth sports soon to increase  the odds of winning and bringing top talent to youth teams ?

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

NIL will really be fun when coaches and administrators that keep saying it is "so important" begin to blame W/L failures on the fans for not forking enough money over to players.  When that kind of responsibility is what it takes to be a fan, many will check out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

NIL will really be fun when coaches and administrators that keep saying it is "so important" begin to blame W/L failures on the fans for not forking enough money over to players.  When that kind of responsibility is what it takes to be a fan, many will check out.

That will be next and will be the downfall. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yes, and I hope our administrators or coaches won't sink that low. 

quan-proctor-transfer-portal-savannah-st

A bizarre college football situation is playing out in...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Do what you want.  No one is forcing you to donate to anything.  Just don't be surprised if USF continues to suck and can't pull in any decent recruits.  

Other schools are funding NIL, including other AAC schools.

It's taken 25 years, and the right people in charge, to finally get a decent amount of the fan/donor base to grow into getting what the lifeblood of college athletics is all about. Now they're being asked to reach into their wallets again, this time from sources outside the University that they may or may not be familiar with and/or trust ....... I don't at all envy the road ahead for CAG and it will be miraculous if he pulls off some of the short term expectations thrown out in here.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Count me among them. If we become irrelevant in collegiate sports because of this, so be it. I’ll sleep fine at night. My donor dollars will continue to go to the academic side of the university - not to pay some 18-year-old to play football who could care less about earning a meaningful degree.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

That is fine .  Anyone  that wants to pay players and ruin college football is welcome to in this free country.  Eventually  i think college football is going to be ruined and something will have to chance and be governed by the ncaa. Are we going to start  giving NIL deals out to high school and youth sports soon to increase  the odds of winning and bringing top talent to youth teams ?

Once TV Networks and Advertisers get their hands involved, yes.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Count me among them. If we become irrelevant in collegiate sports because of this, so be it. I’ll sleep fine at night. My donor dollars will continue to go to the academic side of the university - not to pay some 18-year-old to play football who could care less about earning a meaningful degree.

With all the transferring are they even getting degrees? I wonder what percentage of college athletes and football players graduate.