• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

13 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:
15 hours ago, Brad said:

NIL will really be fun when coaches and administrators that keep saying it is "so important" begin to blame W/L failures on the fans for not forking enough money over to players.  When that kind of responsibility is what it takes to be a fan, many will check out.

Count me among them. If we become irrelevant in collegiate sports because of this, so be it. I’ll sleep fine at night. My donor dollars will continue to go to the academic side of the university - not to pay some 18-year-old to play football who could care less about earning a meaningful degree.

Edited 13 hours ago by Dave_Glase

I used to donate quite a lot when I could see at least a somewhat direct and tangible benefit to a larger group of kids.  Now, I don't see how NIL works for the greater good.  But I am old and don't understand much these days...

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Rizman said:

Pretty good pick up. Far from a home run but not bad. He was their 4th leading rusher last year with a 190 yards on the season. Did have a better season the year before with 326 yards rushing yards.( per espn stats). Also decent stats catching the ball.

At least this transfer portal player had some decent stats; which cant be said for the majority of the other transfer portal players we have picked up.

Need another quality WR, a few OL, and a lot of defensive players to be added.

Edited by belgianbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

I see a lot of players in the portal and you could not prove by me that they ever really played.

He never even made it to the campus for class or practice ... Maybe he needs to hire a certain USF alumni to sell  and market him to other schools.  I can't fault the kid for being creative and trying to market himself.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Pretty good pick up. Far from a home run but not bad. He was their 4th leading rusher last year with a 190 yards on the season. Did have a better season the year before with 326 yards rushing yards.( per espn stats). Also decent stats catching the ball.

At least this transfer portal player had some decent stats; which cant be said for the majority of the other transfer portal players we have picked up.

We added two quality o-line but lost 4/5 starters.  I would feel better with one more guy with experience coming in as well.  AG recruited OL really hard so that I expect a few of them to be better than what we have currently next year. We really need to had a quality WR or two, and take every decent defensive back, linebacker, and DT we can get.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, belgianbull said:

He was in a similar situation to Cronkite when he transferred here. Would be happy with similar production. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Just as a reminder about the transfer portal.  A player can't put their name in the portal anytime they wish.  They have to wait until the transfer portal window dates.  Those are Dec 5 - Jan 18 and May 1 - 15.  If you don't get your name in one of those windows, then too bad.  On Jan 19th, all of our roster is safe until the next portal window in May.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Just as a reminder about the transfer portal.  A player can't put their name in the portal anytime they wish.  They have to wait until the transfer portal window dates.  Those are Dec 5 - Jan 18 and May 1 - 15.  If you don't get your name in one of those windows, then too bad.  On Jan 19th, all of our roster is safe until the next portal window in May.  

If we don't get a DT by tomorrow (1/18/23) then I'm going to assume that CAG wanted to give the remaining DTs a good evaluation b4 he takes any new transfers....or he has some specific individuals he is targeting. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

55 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If we don't get a DT by tomorrow (1/18/23) then I'm going to assume that CAG wanted to give the remaining DTs a good evaluation b4 he takes any new transfers....or he has some specific individuals he is targeting. 

The windows are for putting your name in the portal, not for signing players.  CAG can sign players after that date.  In other words, they are for entering the portal, not exiting the portal.

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

The windows are for putting your name in the portal, not for signing players.  CAG can sign players after that date.  In other words, they are for entering the portal, not exiting the portal.

Oh ok, I get it.