• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,030
  • Days Won:  469

Guilt trips are great.  Just remember when someone pushes back he or she may have been giving for years and may have other thoughts about the duty to support. Call it disillusionment, Call it realization.  

I happen to be giving more than I did last year while maintaining thousands of dollars of tickets with some expectation that it will in some way make a difference. And after about 30 years, the differences are hard to see.

It doesn’t necessarily mean I stop giving anything, but if we could do more things well or right along the way it would go along way.

I gave to a charity for almost 35 years.  It took me too long to find out that those charitable dollars were better used somewhere else.  It can’t be blind support.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Too many people are in the "What can USF do for me?" mindset.  "I'm not donating until/unless . . ."  and then they wonder why UCF is in the Big 12 instead of/without us.

And some of us have donated and will continue donating, as promised, but refuse to donate extra because of the crap we continue to see on the field. I know pretty much exactly how UCF passed us. THEY WON GAMES! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

That school also prints degrees in exchange for tuition at an insane rate. USF focuses on quality. UCF focuses on quantity at the cost of quality. It has led them to have many more alumni than we do, and they played football a few decades longer than we did too. Credit them, it has worked. They irritated the country into paying attention to their football program and pursued the "any media attention is good attention" approach. Meanwhile, I can't imagine too many of their alums are actually happy with their degree's worth compared with other state universities, outside of a few specialty programs they have developed well. Football is most of what they have going for them. Give us time to even get where they are, now that we no longer have our wagon hitched to the Jim Leavitt success express.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,975
  • Days Won:  12

We have life!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I live in Jupiter and my cruise this weekend was truncated.  What's the best way to buy tickets?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, BDYZR said:

And some of us have donated and will continue donating, as promised, but refuse to donate extra because of the crap we continue to see on the field. I know pretty much exactly how UCF passed us. THEY WON GAMES! 

That is where I am at. Why give more when the coaching staff and athletic department give us much less . I really only care about usf football. Either way let's hope the Bulls show up and ready to play. It would be nice to beat ECU for the state of Florida  and give us usf fans without power something to be excited to hear and something to proud of. I would be there but I'm stuck cutting up trees and helping my parents out without power.  Running fridge In generator and keeping the coolers cold and stocked.  It could be a historic win for Scott, his first road win, doubling his fbs total, and maybe we could even throw our first passing touchdowns so we are not the only fbs team without one.  Let's effin go Bulls. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

I live in Jupiter and my cruise this weekend was truncated.  What's the best way to buy tickets?

If you provide your email address, I'll send some tickets your way. STMs were given 8 tickets each and I'm only planning to use 2 or 3 of them.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

2014 - $5.42M

2015 - $9.73M

2016 - $6.92M

2017 - $10.3M

2018 - $8.21M

And btw, all of those figures blow our BE, glory day years figures out of the water ....

really interesting. so a slight drop off after the crappy year.

let's see how USF ends up stacking up when we one day make a comeback!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Just an update- determined it was an issue with me in particular. (I am guessing that combo of being a student and a season ticket holder)

I emailed someone in Athletics, and within minutes they took care of it. (so my appreciation to them)

Having same issue, who did you contact? Nobody is responding today. Thanks