• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks Jim.  I'll contact my Alumni Chapter

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

I think I am going to miss this barn burner.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

The more supporters that get this, the better chance we have to get where we want to be .....

Some of us have other couples that aren't USF people involved so cash will be coming our way. 

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

20 hours ago, Bullumni said:

Anyone know the link where we can get General Admission tickets to the game?

Since you're on this board, just ask for a STM that will not be using their free tickets for the game and they can transfer the tickets to you.  It's all general admission so seat locations are not an issue.  Wish I could be there.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,480
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

The more supporters that get this, the better chance we have to get where we want to be .....

Too many people are in the "What can USF do for me?" mindset.  "I'm not donating until/unless . . ."  and then they wonder why UCF is in the Big 12 instead of/without us.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Some have been donating for more than 25 years.....I think fatigue can set in...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Too many people are in the "What can USF do for me?" mindset.  "I'm not donating until/unless . . ."  and then they wonder why UCF is in the Big 12 instead of/without us.

That is a great point.  If we want to move forward...

Ask not what your university can do for you, but what you can do for your university!

GO BULLS!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

17 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

Some have been donating for more than 25 years.....I think fatigue can set in..

I believe it's not so many donors who are asking "what can USF do for me" as there are asking "how much more can USF do to me".  Many of us put our bucks, sweat and tears to support athletics for years only to be treated pretty shabbily in recent years.  This, coupled with the ongoing less-than-mediocre performance has discourage more than a few to turn ambivalent.  

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,480
  • Days Won:  13

29 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I believe it's not so many donors who are asking "what can USF do for me" as there are asking "how much more can USF do to me".  Many of us put our bucks, sweat and tears to support athletics for years only to be treated pretty shabbily in recent years.  This, coupled with the ongoing less-than-mediocre performance has discourage more than a few to turn ambivalent.  

"Treated shabbily" still sounds like "What can USF do for me?" 

It says there are expectations about how donors should be treated, and some believe (rightly or wrongly) that USF has not lived up to those expectations.

But the question is whether USF is supposed to live up to donors expectations ... and whether those expectations are realistic.

Winning and losing does affect donations, sure --- but it's more obvious at schools with incredibly small donor bases like USF.

NC State has 14,000 donors in it's annual fund... and NC State isn't winning championships year in and year out.  Now, I suppose USF fans would be happy with fair-to-middling results after the recent history... but that's all the Wolfpack teams have really done.    If 1000 NC State fans whithhold their donations because of poor results, NC State barely feels that...  USF has just over 3000 annual fund donors - if 500 withhold their donations USF really feels that.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

"Treated shabbily" still sounds like "What can USF do for me?" 

It says there are expectations about how donors should be treated, and some believe (rightly or wrongly) that USF has not lived up to those expectations.

I expect common decency and not to be treated solely as $$$.  Yes, I do have those kinds of wild expectations.