• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

What kind of games favor the most long suffering?

Drinking games, I would think.

Andy Allen GIF by MasterChefAU

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Drinking games, I would think.

Andy Allen GIF by MasterChefAU

drinking buddies beer GIF

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Was this game moved too early.  If this storm takes the more southerly track, could Boca Raton actually get worse weather than Tampa, and if so, could the game return to RJS.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

The ones we don't even get to see lol. Mail my STM gift for screwing us on a game before seeing where the Storm would go. Probably gonna be pretty wet over there. Stupid....

Edited by BullRuckus

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,385
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, BullRuckus said:

The ones we don't even get to see lol. Mail my STM gift for screwing us on a game before seeing where the Storm would go. Probably gonna be pretty wet over there. Stupid....

It's really stupid to anyone not responsible for huge initiatives like planning evacuations, damaged infrastructure, opening and stocking shelters.  Your little gift may mean a whole lot more to you than those who have to plan for a major disaster.  It takes time to prepare for a major catastrophic event and it takes very little time to criticize.  Sorry for your disappointment.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure why many of you think that the game move was called early.  I think its obvious that the people in charge and who have to make each game happen have made the correct decision to move the game.

What some/most people probably don't realize is that it takes more than just 1 day to prepare for any game to happen at any stadium at any given time.  Usually it takes at least a week, to get the following ready:

Food and staff for concessions
Staff for security
Staff for operating the stadium
Staff for all the electronics and Media
Staff for the police/fire rescue/medical

Then you have all those people who are working the games, have to also assess their OWN situations at home.  These are local people who have probably sustained some damage to their own homes. 

They are not robots.  They might have even evacuated as they were told to do, and don't know what they are coming home to on Thursday or Friday.

If you can imagine the weather going as predicted and the storm would have hit the Tampa area on Wednesday/Thursday, it would probably be late Thursday/Friday until any damage assessments are done, and then immediate crucial repairs will take between 2 and 5 more days.  So either would would cancel the games outright, or move them to a safer location far enough to be not as affected from the storm, but close enough to allow the home team to still consider it a home game.

I am not saying that anyone is at fault here, but you must REALLY consider that the people who are in charge of these things, know what they are doing a little better than you do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Was this game moved too early.  If this storm takes the more southerly track, could Boca Raton actually get worse weather than Tampa, and if so, could the game return to RJS.

On the current track this morning, Boca and Tampa will get similar weather... but it will end in Boca today (Wednesday) but won't end in Tampa until Thursday.

Hindsight is always 20-20... but on Monday/Tuesday it could not be predicted it would take such a southerly turn.

Plus, with all of the evacuations in the Bay area, there may not be hotel space for the teams ... and getting ECU into RayJay would be an issue.

If the Buccaneers had a road game this week, I bet USF would have done what UCF and UF did - push the game back to Saturday... but RJS couldn't hold two games on the same day.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

9 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

I am not saying that anyone is at fault here, but you must REALLY consider that the people who are in charge of these things, know what they are doing a little better than you do.

I am thinking many people are not experienced managing large projects.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

I'm not sure why many of you think that the game move was called early.  I think its obvious that the people in charge and who have to make each game happen have made the correct decision to move the game.

What some/most people probably don't realize is that it takes more than just 1 day to prepare for any game to happen at any stadium at any given time.  Usually it takes at least a week, to get the following ready:

Food and staff for concessions
Staff for security
Staff for operating the stadium
Staff for all the electronics and Media
Staff for the police/fire rescue/medical

Then you have all those people who are working the games, have to also assess their OWN situations at home.  These are local people who have probably sustained some damage to their own homes. 

They are not robots.  They might have even evacuated as they were told to do, and don't know what they are coming home to on Thursday or Friday.

If you can imagine the weather going as predicted and the storm would have hit the Tampa area on Wednesday/Thursday, it would probably be late Thursday/Friday until any damage assessments are done, and then immediate crucial repairs will take between 2 and 5 more days.  So either would would cancel the games outright, or move them to a safer location far enough to be not as affected from the storm, but close enough to allow the home team to still consider it a home game.

The NFL knows more and demonstrates at every moment that it can that it is a made for tv event. The next day the NFL is playing a Sunday night game that that is of greater importance from a tv perspective than if it was just a run of the mill 1 pm game. The NFL appears to have determined that game is in no way at risks of not being able to be played at Ray Jay which makes it hard to conclude that it would be like impossible to play a similar event the day before. Also one of the beautiful things about renting is there is much less you are responsible for planning and preparing. Much of the stadium staff is going to be in town on Saturday because they are required to work on Sunday. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I am thinking many people are not experienced managing large projects.

I am thinking many people are just chronic, nit picking ***** and moaners .....

• Upvote 1