• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Who said it wasn't possible?  and the Bucs have an extra day+

I would question how dire the situation is if it can be resolved with an additional day

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

I don't have 8 hours to drive to and from the game on Saturday.  I'll probably be cleaning up storm damage anyway.  Hopefully they offer some type of credit or refund for season ticket holders who can't attend.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would question how dire the situation is if it can be resolved with an additional day

If only everyone were as wise as you ..... 🙄

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Someone at Bucs HQ is clueless about hurricanes. I’d say chances the stadium has power, water and functioning toilets Sunday night will be almost nil. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Someone at Bucs HQ is clueless about hurricanes. I’d say chances the stadium has power, water and functioning toilets Sunday night will be almost nil. 

For anybody, two questions, I've been gone about 17 years

• Has power outage at RJS ever happened?  
  • Has a Cat 3 downgrading to a Cat One ever gone this close to Tampa?  It seems like about 5-7 years ago there was a stretch of three that were all around TampaTown, but not super close.  Down in Sarasot/Bradenton area.

I lived in New Tampa and before that in Temple Terrace and a little while in Town and Country and can't remember ever experiencing anything like that which is described here as a possibility.  Like damage to TIA, has that ever actually happened?  Not being a wise guy, just asking.  Hadn't heard of it, but have been gone as stated.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I think we should get a refund. I just spent a couple grand going to Louisville. No way am I driving 4 1/2 hrs each way to possibly get embarrassed again by this team.

Was thinking the same thing. F it. May do a watch party at the house but really don't see the need to watch this game. If it can be recorded I'll probably do that.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

Sorry that probably takes us off topic, I'll move it and the others that are off topic.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Ok, so we get the game in, but is that really a good idea?

A good percentage of the USF players are from the Tampa Bay Area, so there will be some loss of focus, since their families may be without power and basic services.  Travel and prep are going to be tough for USF, since the storm may not clear the Tampa Bay Area until early Friday.  We are already an underdog and now we are giving up our crowd - that stadium holds 29k and I would be shocked if there are 5k there, probably 25% ECU.  In addition, our road performance under Scott is not exactly stellar.

Do you, or have you had teenagers?  Think they're worried about mom and dad not having electricity?  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

For anybody, two questions, I've been gone about 17 years

• Has power outage at RJS ever happened?  
  • Has a Cat 3 downgrading to a Cat One ever gone this close to Tampa?  It seems like about 5-7 years ago there was a stretch of three that were all around TampaTown, but but super close.

I lived in New Tampa and before that in Temple Terrace and a little while in Town and Country and can't remember ever experiencing anything like that which is described here as a possibility.  Like damage to TIA, has that ever actually happened?  Not being a wise guy, just asking.  Hadn't heard of it, but have been gone as stated.

Town n' Country woot woot.  Those 3 or 4 storms did very little damage if any locally.  I can't remember a storm of this magnitude going through this close to the Bay area.