• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,641
  • Days Won:  6

51 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I think there was maybe a fear that there could be damage and problems lingering in the area that would make hosting a game a problem.

and the Glazers need to make sure everything's okay for their money maker Sunday night.  Cleaning anything up for a USF game is the last thing on their mind.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I want my tickets NOW for this game (so close to Ft. Lauderdale).  It'll be like the time I got to go to the game in Lockhart Stadium!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yeah but as of 24 hours ago it was looking like it would hit in the worst possible spot (just north).  I am guessing that's when a decision had to be made to get all the travel arrangements set, etc.

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Probably... but the parking lots? The houses around RayJay? Will the roads be cleared by Saturday? 

Plus... by leaving today to go to Ft Lauderdale, the team can practice down there on Wed and Thu... meanwhile USF could not practice until Friday.

Oh... and will the airport be open for ECU to fly in on Friday?

It's entirely possible they could have played in Tampa... but there is too much uncertainty to bet on that this far out.

The only legitimate fear here would be in regards to parking and if the hurricane was that impactful to that immediate area parking probably wouldn’t be a big problem. Everyone always wants to pretend they are going to get hit with Hurricane Andrew or Katrina but if you aren’t on almost immediately on a sea wall that’s not actually happening and Andrew was only as bad as it was further inland because building codes were the Wild West at that time. There is no physical way for a Hurricane to directly hit Tampa without having a sizable portion of it going over land for extended periods of time and despite the fact that Tampa hasn’t had a “direct” hit in 100 full years that doesn’t stop people from panicking multiple times a year because as Covid taught us people love to buy stuff and pretend they are living in some horrible difficult time that they are so brave for having conquered. If for some reason TIA would be closed on Friday (it wouldn’t be) there is still the opportunity to fly into Orlando as well as Lakeland and take a bus to the stadium, which the next time all four roadways are inaccessible because of debris and fallen trees will be the first time. If you are directly on the coast line and a hurricane is coming your way sure you can panic, if you are a bit off coast you can be reasonably prepped but anyone that takes a critical look at anything can be 💯 certain a football game would be easily played on Saturday at Ray Jay.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

There's other logistics besides if the field/stadium is playable and there still are some questions on timeline (although it becomes more clear every hour that passes).  They're also going to err on the side of caution.

10 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

and the Glazers need to make sure everything's okay for their money maker Sunday night.  Cleaning anything up for a USF game is the last thing on their mind.

How grossly irresponsible of them to think the parking lots, road ways and airport will allow them to play a game a day after it would have been impossible 

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,470
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

there is still the opportunity to fly into Orlando as well as Lakeland

Orlando and Lakeland airports are also closing... and may or may not be re-opened by then.

---

But it sounds like you're in the "It's only a Category 3 storm, what's the big deal" camp.

Just now, olafberserker said:

There's other logistics besides if the field/stadium is playable and there still are some questions on timeline (although it becomes more clear every hour that passes).  They're also going to err on the side of caution.

Some how the Bucs had different math; almost as if you could reasonably conclude it would be possible 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, puc86 said:

Some how the Bucs had different math; almost as if you could reasonably conclude it would be possible 

Who said it wasn't possible?  and the Bucs have an extra day+

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,470
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, puc86 said:

So you think because the professional team was able to relocate their practice and have an additional 24 hours to get the stadium ready that USF could have pulled it off as well?

Just now, Jim Johnson said:

Orlando and Lakeland airports are also closing... and may or may not be re-opened by then.

---

But it sounds like you're in the "It's only a Category 3 storm, what's the big deal" camp.

You mean people that didn’t move to florida since the last hurricane season camp? No one said they wouldn’t close at all, we all know for a fact one of the three will be open on Friday beyond a shadow of a doubt