• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Where are the half coming from and why would they go watch these sorry ass teams, it will be 90 percent empty. You will get a few grads from the area that will attend but that should be it.  You would have to be a complete loser to watch this game,(I will be tuning in).  BDYZR was being overly sarcastic, not sure how you missed that one. 

Yup. Missed the sarcasm... ECU people who had flights to Tampa might change that to FLL... and some FAU types might show up depending on when their game is on TV... so maybe that gets to half?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Days Won:  12

obviously excited that the game is happening and hopefully another opportunity to get our sh together. This is one of the few W's on our schedule. As much as I want to go get it, I have the players in mind and assume they're all on board to go get it too. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,849
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yup. Missed the sarcasm... ECU people who had flights to Tampa might change that to FLL... and some FAU types might show up depending on when their game is on TV... so maybe that gets to half?

FAU types don’t attend their own games and will not be attending, FAU is in town up here and I would never dream of driving the 25 minutes over to watch them, I don’t have much of a life but there is a line I refuse to cross. 😀

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Much rather see this game played at Boca than being canceled.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Ok, so we get the game in, but is that really a good idea?

A good percentage of the USF players are from the Tampa Bay Area, so there will be some loss of focus, since their families may be without power and basic services.  Travel and prep are going to be tough for USF, since the storm may not clear the Tampa Bay Area until early Friday.  We are already an underdog and now we are giving up our crowd - that stadium holds 29k and I would be shocked if there are 5k there, probably 25% ECU.  In addition, our road performance under Scott is not exactly stellar.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

12 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Ok, so we get the game in, but is that really a good idea?

A good percentage of the USF players are from the Tampa Bay Area, so there will be some loss of focus, since their families may be without power and basic services.  Travel and prep are going to be tough for USF, since the storm may not clear the Tampa Bay Area until early Friday.  We are already an underdog and now we are giving up our crowd - that stadium holds 29k and I would be shocked if there are 5k there, probably 25% ECU.  In addition, our road performance under Scott is not exactly stellar.

Personally, I say do it once the safety has been mitigated.  As for focus, sometimes you have to focus.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Adversity is the word of the week month.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Days Won:  12

This is like 2020 when you didn't know if you would be playing the game even days in advance... we have sort of kind of been here before.