• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, SilverBull said:

I expect common decency and not to be treated solely as $$$.  Yes, I do have those kinds of wild expectations.

"Whether or not those expectations are realistic" -- "treated solely as $$$" is a bit subjective but may be realistic, and common decency is certainly realistic to me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Some have been donating for more than 25 years.....I think fatigue can set in...

Then it boggles my mind why they'd stop now with things looking the way they are .....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,030
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Then it boggles my mind why they'd stop now with things looking the way they are .....

Because they should be looking so much better?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Too many people are in the "What can USF do for me?" mindset.  "I'm not donating until/unless . . ."  and then they wonder why UCF is in the Big 12 instead of/without us.

Most have not recovered  from firing the only coach here with lasting success.  We have failed on every hire since then for our program. Winning is really the only thing that matters in college football. If they want more people in the seats  and spending/donating money they need a product that is exciting and wins at a much higher rate .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Too many people are in the "What can USF do for me?" mindset.  "I'm not donating until/unless . . ."  and then they wonder why UCF is in the Big 12 instead of/without us.

I wonder how UCF athletics donations compared from 2015 (0-12) to 2017 (claim a natty). I see what you're saying but we need to have a better product on the field before people start throwing cash and buying in.

also UCF is going to the big 12 because of on-field success, not because of how many donors they have.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

Changing subjects a little. 

I am trying to claim my 8 tickets. When I do it on my phone, they disappear in my cart and I can't check out. (and it only lets me put 4 in the cart)

When I try it on my laptop it won"t even let me open the page

Anyone successful in grabbing their 8 tickets?

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

"Treated shabbily" still sounds like "What can USF do for me?" 

It says there are expectations about how donors should be treated, and some believe (rightly or wrongly) that USF has not lived up to those expectations.

But the question is whether USF is supposed to live up to donors expectations ... and whether those expectations are realistic.

Winning and losing does affect donations, sure --- but it's more obvious at schools with incredibly small donor bases like USF.

NC State has 14,000 donors in it's annual fund... and NC State isn't winning championships year in and year out.  Now, I suppose USF fans would be happy with fair-to-middling results after the recent history... but that's all the Wolfpack teams have really done.    If 1000 NC State fans whithhold their donations because of poor results, NC State barely feels that...  USF has just over 3000 annual fund donors - if 500 withhold their donations USF really feels that.

They struggle with donors too. One of our Bulls Club guys went to work at NC State. Have stayed in touch and visited him there. He is now fund raising for something other than Athletics up there. 

And you have to ask yourself why a school with so many Alums (may be a couple hundred thousand or so) in the area only has 4,000 donors for Athletics. Could still be the commuter school vibe, the lack of football until the late 90s or who knows what else. Something just doesn't work with USF Athletics. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

??? Not sure how to take that. They should continue to donate because we look like Azz?  Or they should continue to donate because we're trying to spend $300+ million dollars and that is an upward trajectory?  In either case 3 of the 4 teams that I care about look like crap right now. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Since you're on this board, just ask for a STM that will not be using their free tickets for the game and they can transfer the tickets to you.  It's all general admission so seat locations are not an issue.  Wish I could be there.

GO BULLS!

I am going and looking for 5 tickets for myself, wife and 3,4 & 7 year old kids. After a few days stuck in a hotel room after evacuating my kids have a lot of cheering energy to expend win or lose! If anyone has tickets they are giving away I’d appreciate it! Also when are they going to let us buy tickets?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,030
  • Days Won:  469

14 minutes ago, USFDan said:

I am going and looking for 5 tickets for myself, wife and 3,4 & 7 year old kids. After a few days stuck in a hotel room after evacuating my kids have a lot of cheering energy to expend win or lose! If anyone has tickets they are giving away I’d appreciate it! Also when are they going to let us buy tickets?

I have some!  Let me see what I have to do for the Boca game...