• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU @ USF @ FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

That school also prints degrees in exchange for tuition at an insane rate. USF focuses on quality. UCF focuses on quantity at the cost of quality. It has led them to have many more alumni than we do, and they played football a few decades longer than we did too. Credit them, it has worked. They irritated the country into paying attention to their football program and pursued the "any media attention is good attention" approach. Meanwhile, I can't imagine too many of their alums are actually happy with their degree's worth compared with other state universities, outside of a few specialty programs they have developed well. Football is most of what they have going for them. Give us time to even get where they are, now that we no longer have our wagon hitched to the Jim Leavitt success express.

absolutely!

UCF's academic enterprise doesnt really have an identity, other than online education. As an ASU Sun Devil I can relate to the larger school, but ASU has it in our charter to be "measured by success of our students rather than by exclusion." This has led to top business, law, media, and engineering programs despite the large enrollment, as well as being #1 in the country for innovation (research opportunities).

UCF doesnt compliment their large enrollment with anything other than.. wanting numbers.

USF is taking the right approach by having a great academic enterprise but now it's time to get the athletics train going 

The "U" in USF stands for university, after all... we should be proud to be ranked highly.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

2014 - $5.42M

2015 - $9.73M

2016 - $6.92M

2017 - $10.3M

2018 - $8.21M

35 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

really interesting. so a slight drop off after the crappy year.

let's see how USF ends up stacking up when we one day make a comeback!

And about the same amount of drop off after after an undefeated year. That's where overall successful programs are, donations not being swung by on the field records but donors just wanting to give because that's how college athletics work ......... and that's where those calling for MK's head at any point right now are ******* clueless. We've had the highest donation levels ever since he got here amidst the worst times we've ever had, specifically football wise. Is his hire responsible for that? Absolutely, but the other aspect is more important, imo, and we can still hold out hope that CJS gets it turned around ....

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, bull2bull said:

Having same issue, who did you contact? Nobody is responding today. Thanks

Site finally just worked after about hour of trying.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, bull2bull said:

I'm not sure they work on Fridays.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

And about the same amount of drop off after after an undefeated year. That's where overall successful programs are, donations not being swung by on the field records but donors just wanting to give because that's how college athletics work ......... and that's where those calling for MK's head at any point right now are ******* clueless. We've had the highest donation levels ever since he got here amidst the worst times we've ever had, specifically football wise. Is his hire responsible for that? Absolutely, but the other aspect is more important, imo, and we can still hold out hope that CJS gets it turned around ....

How much hope do we need and how much longer until we can say this guy isn't the guy ? How many losses will prove be he isnt the guy this year?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, bull2bull said:

They are probably in route to FAU..... for what it is worth, they added in the gousfbulls.com story today to say that STM or students who have issues can show up at the stadium and they will help in person. So, even if you email and don't hear back, you can just show up and get them in person at the stadium tomorrow. 

Here is who I emailed, Scott Collins 

scottcollins@usf.edu

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

Fd7s6xQWIAIxd-Q?format=jpg&name=large

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

22 hours ago, &rew Bull said:

If you provide your email address, I'll send some tickets your way. STMs were given 8 tickets each and I'm only planning to use 2 or 3 of them.

Appreciate that!  A Twitter guy I met at BYU said he'd give me 2 at the game, but if you are sure you won't otherwise use them, to be sure I'm set, please email jupiterbull@comcast.net.  Much thanks...hope it's a great game.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

For anyone traveling to the game from Tampa, give yourself extra time to get there. I-75 is closed near Fort Myers and the detour has people driving down 60 until turning in Polk County. Without the detour, 60 is the best way across the state to get to Boca Raton but the detour might create some backups in areas where there isn't usually much traffic.

I'm heading out in the next hour and will report back if I run into gridlock.

i-75-shutdown-10-1_10012022

With the river rising to dangerous levels I-75 is closed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,644
  • Days Won:  6

NEVER MIND - wish we had a delete function.

Edited by 79 Bull