• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Okay, so I was wondering if Baylor didn't care about hiding anything and had, by chance, posted their Spring game online. They did. Gerry (and I had no clue it was pronounced the same as Gary) had 3 drives, 9:39, 18:22 and 22:57 for those who want to see him in his latest, almost real, action ........ I fully realize it's just a glorified scrimmage and am hopeful we're getting the pre-injury GB from last year.

It's pronounced "Gary"? lol His momma is wrong for that.lol His whole life is just a series of people mispronouncing his name. Anyways, USF fans have been burned to many times that we all have PTSD. There should be waaaaaaaay more excitement for Gerry Bohannan, but we've been burned so much it's hard to get excited about anything. But hell, I think Gerry chose USF b/c he knows this team will give him all the success he is looking for. We have freaking 28 pass catchers, starting offensive line with all 6 year seniors, 9 running backs, new OC in Trickett and Chad Morris as an analyst. Any other year this board would be on fire with all of these changes. 2022 is going to be an awesome season. My green & gold goggles prediction is ALWAYS undefeated, but honestly I see no less than 8 wins. 

As for Gerry's first name.........

200.gif

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Well that’s good I don’t really know what I was a going to do if “Joe Broback” was not going to come around to Bohanon being our starter…

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Bohannon has an edge because he appears to be the better quarterback.  We saw enough of McLain last year to see that he struggled with accuracy, with reads, with leading the offense.  Other than being a decent athlete I really don't see the comparison to the other 3 QBs you keep bringing up but we shall see.

Quick passes can absolutely be a product of the quarterback's ability.

underrated comment here.

We have major weapons...we just someone to utilize them. Horn and Weaver are guys that we need to use.

just need some defense.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

11 hours ago, bowman1 said:

I am really struggling with why anyone would compare Timmy’s 2021 season to any other QB’s (USF or otherwise)

As far as I know, Timmy is the only true freshman QB to ever start more than a handful of games at USF (QF started 1 in ‘14) and there is a reason why true freshman QBs are not starters at any school, they tend to make LOTS of mistakes

In-short, lay-off the kid and stop comparing his ‘21 season to others

If he beats out GB, great for Timmy, if he doesn’t, I am sure his life will go on

Couldn't agree more except about the only true freshman USF quarterback to start more than a handful of games. I believe the Great Lost USF QB, Mike White, started all but a handful his rookie year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

29 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

First, how is there leaked footage of our potential starter!? Someone needs to get this deleted.

Second, nothing impressive here but i don't hold any weight to spring games anyway.

Delete it? Hell no, for the reason highlighted in your second paragraph. Get the opponents overconfident ....

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

underrated comment here.

We have major weapons...we just someone to utilize them. Horn and Weaver are guys that we need to use.

just need some defense.

How often were those weapons open? Hopefully, we will see schemes that work with the entire offense. Just because we have weapons doesn’t mean we use those weapons. This goes back to what I’ve been saying for a long time about the offensive line and play calls. No need for me to repeat as it’s been done a handful of times in the last day or two.

Edited by CycleBull

7 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

How often were those weapons open? Hopefully, we will see schemes that work with the entire offense. Just because we have weapons doesn’t mean we use those weapons. This goes back to what I’ve been saying for a long time about the offensive line and play calls. No need for me to repeat as it’s been done a handful of times in the last day or two.

Not sure what you have been saying, but those guys can get open we just cant hit them. Gerry might be able to do it.

We might have the best weapons in school history we just need to use them.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If the former Baylor QB is not our starter when the season starts I have to truly doubt our ability to evaluate. 

• Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Couldn't agree more except about the only true freshman USF quarterback to start more than a handful of games. I believe the Great Lost USF QB, Mike White, started all but a handful his rookie year.

Mike White started the final 5 games of the 2013 season and played in 1 more game after Bobby Eveld and Steven Bench alternated the first 7 games.

Edited by Jim Johnson

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Mike White started the final 5 games of the 2013 season and played in 1 more game after Bobby Eveld and Steven Bench alternated the first 7 games.

just to get my history straight.....was it Eveld who couldnt take a snap without fumbling?