• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

29 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Bohannon has an edge because he appears to be the better quarterback.  We saw enough of McLain last year to see that he struggled with accuracy, with reads, with leading the offense.  Other than being a decent athlete I really don't see the comparison to the other 3 QBs you keep bringing up but we shall see.

Quick passes can absolutely be a product of the quarterback's ability.

Bohannan has the edge because a 4th year junior > true sophomore nearly every time. 

McClain completed 55% of his passes... not great, but not terrible for an 18 year old kid.  He relied on his athleticism more than he should (because that is how he did so well in high school)... and you're comparing the other 3 QBs at their best (because that is what you remember) with McClain at his worst (because that is what you saw).  You're unable to project what his talent can do.  With time and study this year, McClain has the potential to be the best QB USF has ever had.

USF's offensive coordinator did not set up McClain to succeed.  Just watch the end of the UCF game.  UCF brought pressure before the time out -- but the OL and RB could not give McClain ANY time to make a decision... McClain made two good runs when the WRs aren't open (good decisions)... and then the play call is a moving pocket (awful) and Donnovan Jennings gets beat by the DL too quickly and no one was open.  Yes, he should have thrown it away -- but remember, he's a freshman.  As a senior, I bet he throws that away.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He is simply bigger, stronger, older than Timmy, this guy will crush it this year, we win 6 at least maybe more, he  has an arm as well.  I think Timmy has a future but this dude can ball now, for anyone not able to see this is scary. 

I agree. Bohannon will likely get 2 (or more) additional wins than Timmy would have this season.  So I as a fan I am happy ... and I think the future looks amazing for USF.

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

He is simply bigger, stronger, older than Timmy, this guy will crush it this year, we win 6 at least maybe more, he  has an arm as well.  I think Timmy has a future but this dude can ball now, for anyone not able to see this is scary. 

Okay, so I was wondering if Baylor didn't care about hiding anything and had, by chance, posted their Spring game online. They did. Gerry (and I had no clue it was pronounced the same as Gary) had 3 drives, 9:39, 18:22 and 22:57 for those who want to see him in his latest, almost real, action ........ I fully realize it's just a glorified scrimmage and am hopeful we're getting the pre-injury GB from last year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Okay, so I was wondering if Baylor didn't care about hiding anything and had, by chance, posted their Spring game online. They did. Gerry (and I had no clue it was pronounced the same as Gary) had 3 drives, 9:39, 18:22 and 22:57 for those who want to see him in his latest, almost real, action ........ I fully realize it's just a glorified scrimmage and am hopeful we're getting the pre-injury GB from last year.

He runs and reads the field a lot better than timmy last year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

26 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He runs and reads the field a lot better than timmy last year.

LOL ..... Okey dokey. I'll just pretend you said that without even watching the video and hope you're correct.

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

LOL ..... Okey dokey. I'll just pretend you said that without even watching the video and hope you're correct.

I watched it, he threw two picks that fell off the receivers hands. He definitely has better wheels. HE also made quick reads and passes . He bought some time with his legs and made a completion. A few other times he tucked in and ran to get the first down.

Edited by Outlaw

17 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I am really struggling with why anyone would compare Timmy’s 2021 season to any other QB’s (USF or otherwise)

As far as I know, Timmy is the only true freshman QB to ever start more than a handful of games at USF (QF started 1 in ‘14) and there is a reason why true freshman QBs are not starters at any school, they tend to make LOTS of mistakes

In-short, lay-off the kid and stop comparing his ‘21 season to others

If he beats out GB, great for Timmy, if he doesn’t, I am sure his life will go on

I am not knocking Timmy. He had a lot of potential. Gb is better now and has more experience.  I think he learns a lot from and under  GB and grows. 

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

First, how is there leaked footage of our potential starter!? Someone needs to get this deleted.

Second, nothing impressive here but i don't hold any weight to spring games anyway.