• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

Me too. He has totally changed the culture and has brought in a boatload of talent. My concern is keeping him long-term after the breakout season we are going to have this year.

Not sure if serious.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If anyone is sold on CJS then they are lying to themselves. 

I am not sold or unsold yet, but he seems to be building a good foundation at least.  I think it will be a solid and mentally tough group.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, smazza said:

im sold on cjs

Then your quality standards are abysmal and I question your knowledge of not only football but sports in general….

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Then your quality standards are abysmal and I question your knowledge of not only football but sports in general….

Here's the thing.  It hinges on this year obviously.  If they can start moving in the right direction, it's going to be a tough group with good cohesion (yes thanks to the "culture").  Aka durable.  We'll have to see how these new coaching hires go.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Here's the thing.  It hinges on this year obviously.  If they can start moving in the right direction, it's going to be a tough group with good cohesion (yes thanks to the "culture").  Aka durable.  We'll have to see how these new coaching hires go.

I’ll need more than “moving in the right direction.” It has to be wins and more than a few. If he does not reach at least 5 then he is officially a failure in my book. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll need more than “moving in the right direction.” It has to be wins and more than a few. If he does not reach at least 5 then he is officially a failure in my book. 

I could see that.  There are some games last year *cough UCF* where a few clunky playcalling moments could have been the difference in the game.  Get a few more defensive and offensive plays, stop the dumb coaching gaffes, and I think we are right back in there.  We shall see though...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,506
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I could see that.  There are some games last year *cough UCF* where a few clunky playcalling moments could have been the difference in the game.  Get a few more defensive and offensive plays, stop the dumb coaching gaffes, and I think we are right back in there.  We shall see though...

Ultimately the coaching gaffes are on the Head Coach, but I wonder how much dumb play calling was on Weiss?

9 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Ultimately the coaching gaffes are on the Head Coach, but I wonder how much dumb play calling was on Weiss?

Hopefully we will find out with some cleaner decision making and getting plays in on time.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/23/2022 at 9:49 PM, CycleBull said:

Grit is more than work ethic. If I’m not mistaken it’s also about leadership? If Timmy is learning how to be more vocal then that could be why he’s not on the grit leaderboard. That also doesn’t mean he’s not right behind these guys. The grit leaderboard is only a leaderboard. It doesn’t define how everyone is performing.

I was under the impression that the Grit Score was based on the individual goals set for each player. If I'm correct, the only thing that matters is how much effort is given for each player to reach that goal. Max effort=max points down to minimal effort=minimal points and the score is based on that effort. So, I am assuming that QBTM is not giving what the coaches perceive as his maximum effort in these drills to warrant max points. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure if serious.

He is Gators nephew, they appear to be smoking from the same bowl. 😀