• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

22 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

How often were those weapons open? Hopefully, we will see schemes that work with the entire offense. Just because we have weapons doesn’t mean we use those weapons. This goes back to what I’ve been saying for a long time about the offensive line and play calls. No need for me to repeat as it’s been done a handful of times in the last day or two.

There were a handful of times last year that Weis schemed guys open and we just flat out missed the opportunities, but Weis certainly left a lot to be desired at times with his playcalling.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Days Won:  25

54 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It's pronounced "Gary"? lol His momma is wrong for that.lol His whole life is just a series of people mispronouncing his name. Anyways, USF fans have been burned to many times that we all have PTSD. There should be waaaaaaaay more excitement for Gerry Bohannan, but we've been burned so much it's hard to get excited about anything. But hell, I think Gerry chose USF b/c he knows this team will give him all the success he is looking for. We have freaking 28 pass catchers, starting offensive line with all 6 year seniors, 9 running backs, new OC in Trickett and Chad Morris as an analyst. Any other year this board would be on fire with all of these changes. 2022 is going to be an awesome season. My green & gold goggles prediction is ALWAYS undefeated, but honestly I see no less than 8 wins. 

As for Gerry's first name.........

200.gif

If there is one thing I respect about you are always hyping the team up and I also thank you for providing us with the depth chart updates. Maybe the university needs to hire you to sell the team to the community for real. As much as  I give CJs the flack he earned you get nothing but props just the kids. It isn't there fault they are a product of a disaster of over the last three years.

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Couldn't agree more except about the only true freshman USF quarterback to start more than a handful of games. I believe the Great Lost USF QB, Mike White, started all but a handful his rookie year.

White had an NFL Arm. Timmy can still be a great QB, he just needs to learn the college game under a COACH, OC, and seasoned  QB to help him develop. Not knocking the kid because the offensive coaching staff and head coach did not put him in a position to succeed last year. I think he should be our qb2 and get lots of experience learning this year.

7 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

There were a handful of times last year that Weis schemed guys open and we just flat out missed the opportunities, but Weis certainly left a lot to be desired at times with his playcalling.

But our offensive guru of a co-oc now head coach failed to help put Timmy in a position to succeed with adjust play calling? Weiss got a job as OC at Ole Miss, if CJs was fired today do you thing a top 25 program would even offer him an OC job?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

But our offensive guru of a co-oc now head coach failed to help put Timmy in a position to succeed with adjust play calling? Weiss got a job as OC at Ole Miss, if CJs was fired today do you thing a top 25 program would even offer him an OC job?

It also sucks that MK has stated that CJS will get two more years, no matter how bad he does this year, which is nuts.

That means if he really is a terrible HC who doesn't know how to win consistently (hasn't shown otherwise) then we are stuck with him for two seasons of misery. I doubt there will be any fans left if that is the case. CJS MUST WIN this year.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

It also sucks that MK has stated that CJS will get two more years, no matter how bad he does this year, which is nuts.

That means if he really is a terrible HC who doesn't know how to win consistently (hasn't shown otherwise) then we are stuck with him for two seasons of misery. I doubt there will be any fans left if that is the case. CJS MUST WIN this year.

If the team tanks this year, then Scott will be on an extremely hot seat going into the 2023 season, especially with the AAC becoming much weaker in football beginning in 2023.

5 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

In Gerry, Shoop, Morris, and Trickett we trust! If it works out CJS gets credit for getting them here. He went from not calling plays on offensive, not fully being in control of one side of the ball, and advising as co-oc to a head coach.   That is a huge jump in responsibility in job. Hopefully he improves and the veteran help teaches him some new tricks and coaching skills. He even admitted he was not prepared and learning on the jobs. Hopefully Chad Morris really helps CJS find his offensive design and play calling schemes. I know CJS worked under him before and it is weird to see it this way. Morris really had a great offense under his arm at Clemson and built SMU up pretty quick. He peaked at 7-5 then bolted for Arkansas and money. I know the offense improved greatly under him at SMU and Arkansas was a dumpster fire before he came and now found a guy that built it up in the trenches.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

32 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Mike White started the final 5 games of the 2013 season and played in 1 more game after Bobby Eveld and Steven Bench alternated the first 7 games.

Yeah, my memory let me down on that one, shockingly. Still a lot more action than any other true freshman before Timmy ....

37 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

If the former Baylor QB is not our starter when the season starts I have to truly doubt our ability to evaluate. 

That would depend on how the season plays out, IMO ....

35 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

just to get my history straight.....was it Eveld who couldnt take a snap without fumbling?

That would be one Matt Floyd ...

• Haha 1