• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He wins 6 plus, we go bowling and the future is bright.  He doesn’t and he has proven he is a bust, most of us move on and they wallow in obscurity. I feel really good about this year because one way or another, we are done with losing or I am done with losing, problem solved either way.  

Here’s to option 1 :guinness:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Option one would be a beautiful thing for sure. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Hoping when our QB1 is named, we have a Fall Depth Chart.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,512
  • Days Won:  28

If Gerry brings USF to a bowl game, this will be his second team that he has resurrected from from a previous 2 win season to a winning season. If he does it with flash, he definitely makes the league. I think Malik Willis from Liberty (transferred there from Auburn) getting drafted at #11 will have a great impact on good QBs transferring to smaller or G5 schools. Peep this quote from CJS - 

“We’re very excited about Timmy McClain. Timmy’s got a great future ahead of him,” Scott said.

“I think for me, the biggest thing was, we wanted to add some experience to that room, because that room overall is very young; there’s a lot of first- and second-year players. And Gerry’s a guy that took over last year at Baylor, a team that was coming off a two-win season, and Gerry was able to lead them on to a Big 12 championship.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

7bac24c0-5f06-4d2b-96e5-d41759ad62a4-AP2

if Baylor transfer wins the QB job, South Florida should be set at the position for the next two seasons

Speaking at Big 12 media days, Baylor head coach Dave Aranda said that without Bohanon, Baylor would not have had the success it achieved last year. He also said that if Bohanon had not been injured, he would likely still be Baylor's starting quarterback.

First I heard of this "injury".

Edited by E.T.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

16 minutes ago, E.T. said:

First I heard of this "injury".

On 7/22/2022 at 1:08 PM, Triple B said:

Was referring to reg season leading up to a bowl and I did miscount. He started the first 11 games of the season, not finishing the 11th and not playing the final 2 which included the ccg. Then started the bowl and won although only throwing for 40 yards. He's still head and shoulders above any qb we've had transfer in but JW's resume wasn't chopped liver either. Big difference is the layoff and GB looks to have completely bought in with the pre-season reports ......... but reality is he hasn't thrown a ball in a Bulls uniform and fingers are crossed until then.

Hamstring ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Most competitions are mostly amicable while everyone still has a chance, the strain comes from sitting on the bench thinking you can do better and believing you are demonstrating that in practice. 

• Upvote 2

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, Jim Johnson said:

His football IQ was never in question.  He's been a student of the game since he was playing pee wee. 

It's his execution that was problematic as a true freshman.  i still believe he will end up being better than Flowers, Daniels, Grothe, Blackmon.  He needs time to learn, and I have to say sitting behind Bannon for one year could be just what he needs.

So, I think Timmy is a fine kid, but I would have to say that I have not seen anything this year to indicate that he will be the greatest QB in USF history (he will probably be sitting on the bench his Sophomore and possibly his Junior years if Gerry stays for his Senior year, so that leaves him one more year playing). While I am not saying it can’t happen, I just don’t see it happening. I did however see clear regression, horrible decision making and game management, which is probably why CJS was looking for a QB to come in a compete. In all honesty, I hope Gerry lives up to the hype and stays his 2 years (I think if he was a one and done kid, he would have gone to a larger school for exposure). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/25/2022 at 8:53 PM, puc86 said:

E7C97DB0-BF76-4573-B6C4-4A87ACFB6427.jpeg

• Upvote 1