• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

IMO, this is best for the team and for Timmy. He can take a year to really learn. Learn the playbook. Learn how to prepare at this level. Learn how to lead. I hope he stays and competes. He is just one tweak of Gerry's knee or hammy from being back in there as the starter. Let's go GB! 

It will be interesting to see who in the QB room stays.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,064
  • Days Won:  38

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

Re-watching last year's games renewed my appreciation of Timmy McClain.  I think we all knew it was going to be GB named the starter.  I agree with others, in hoping Timmy uses this to his favor and focuses on his development and being prepared.

Yes.  I was thinking this is still the QB of the future and the future could come quickly.  You never know!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, BDYZR said:

The only one that I think would leave voluntarily is Timmy. Marsh tested the waters and, I believe, found no suitors. The two freshmen aren't going anywhere. I think Timmy will stick it out this season for sure. If he were to transfer, I don't think it would be until Spring of 2023. He has a redshirt to use and he is the clear #2 here. I hope he sticks around and realizes that he still has a chance to start here for at least 2 years. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

What a complete and utter shocker….

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Timmy would be a moron to leave right now. I would bet that Gerry gets banged up at some point. Timmy better be ready to go. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The only one that I think would leave voluntarily is Timmy. Marsh tested the waters and, I believe, found no suitors. The two freshmen aren't going anywhere. I think Timmy will stick it out this season for sure. If he were to transfer, I don't think it would be until Spring of 2023. He has a redshirt to use and he is the clear #2 here. I hope he sticks around and realizes that he still has a chance to start here for at least 2 years. 

Wasn't really thinking QBTM would leave. But with so many young QB's in the room I just don't think they'll all stay. Agree Marsh took a shot and missed. Probably the QB situation before QBGB got here helped him get back in. He would be foolish try again.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Timmy would be a moron to leave right now. I would bet that Gerry gets banged up at some point. Timmy better be ready to go. 

His dad is not happy on twitter right now.

Just now, BDYZR said:

Wasn't really thinking QBTM would leave. But with so many young QB's in the room I just don't think they'll all stay. Agree Marsh took a shot and missed. Probably the QB situation before QBGB got here helped him get back in. He would be foolish try again.

He might be well served to drop down to FCS and get a shot there or look to switch positions to TE. He's 6'5'' 232 lbs. Just a redshirt sophomore at this point.  

• Like 1

I would really like to hear more from him on this. It isn't like CJS showed that he didn't trust or like Timmy by quickly giving him the reins from Cade last season. I hope this is just a father being overly defensive about his son. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Not another Daddy!!!!