• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

Given his father's post on Twitter, Timmy McClain is as good as gone. He's already bitter.

Instead of working harder to get better, people just up and leave. In sports, just like in life there is competition. Would hate to see him leave, but GB has more experience and coaches think he’s better. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

QB  scenarios - 

2022 & 2023 - Gerry Bohanon Show (unless he goes to the league)

2024 & 2025 - Timmy McClain Show (unless Marsh or Byrum Brown surpasses him). 2024 has a SOS that would get us in the playoffs if we was to go undefeated. (Alabama, Louisville & NC State)

2026  - Byrum Brown or Gunnar Smith (Why are so many QBs named Gunnar? Do these parents know ahead of time that their kid will be a QB?)

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Given his father's post on Twitter, Timmy McClain is as good as gone. He's already bitter. These are the times we live in. He thinks it hurts Timmy's "reputation as a QB" to get beat out by a fourth-year player who led his team to the Big 12 title last year? Check yourself, please.

This would be a mistake, but it is what it is.  CJS is up against it (so is the entire program), so it makes sense to put the older player in if their skills are comparable.   

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Gunnar Smith (Why are so many QBs named Gunnar? Do these parents know ahead of time that their kid will be a QB?)

I would recruit players based on name in the NCAA video game, so maybe that's it.  There's no way I am not recruiting a Gunnar at QB.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Previous tweets:

It'd be best for dad to settle down and let it play out.  

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I wouldn't. Nothing but bad vibes would come from it. You'd have to be a fool, or a father, to not understand that if GB was 100% healthy and they were even remotely close in practice, he was getting the nod based previous production. I really like Timmy and hope he sees how the season plays out before doing anything rash.

This is great advice in life in general when these kinds of surprises happen...  Take a chill pill and assess the situation logically.  It's important to have confidence, but you don't want it to flip into arrogance or emotional decision making.  

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

It'd be best for dad to settle down and let it play out.  

Yeah I would definitely ask to please stop if I were in Timmy's situation.  It doesn't help and plus you don't want to telegraph your moves as a general strategy.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

18 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Instead of working harder to get better, people just up and leave. In sports, just like in life there is competition. Would hate to see him leave, but GB has more experience and coaches think he’s better. 

The reaction is ridiculous. Timmy can just take the redshirt year he should have had last year and come back a better, more veteran leader for this team. But, no, too much pride for that, right? Let's hope that reason prevails, but I have little hope for that at this point. It doesn't appear to prevail anywhere in our current society. All that said, the right choice was made at this time. If you're bringing Bohanon in, of course he's your starter. It was never a competition, Mr. McClain is right about that. And anyone who thought it was going any other way is confused. Bohanon led his team to a conference championship last year - threw for 230+ and beat BYU, threw for 2 TDs and ran for 1 and beat Iowa State, threw for 330+ and 4 TDs to beat WVU, accounted for 220 total yards and a TD and beat Texas, accounted for 220+ yards and 3 TDs to beat Oklahoma. No, I'm not going to start that guy. Right . . . 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I meant from the sense of lay it on the line. Don't post cryptic BS on USF's Twitter celebrating the new starting QB. Be a man and say it. The reality is, his perceived grievance is likely petty and insignificant. 

Got it and agree ...... but the Devil's Tool does weird things to people.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Looking at the body of work, GB gets the QB1 position.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

"He hasn't won a game in a USF uniform"  

Not sure that's a stat I'd be throwing out there in Timmy's favor.  

• Haha 3