• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Update from MK

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder what the cost will be for seats and sections... I am in.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

Here's something I ran across in the morning edition of the Tampa Bay Times (December 9th, 2021, OPINION, p. 14A, column 4). Figured you might want to gnaw this at your leisure. I wonder why the earthlings think that all decisions are binary. How odd?! I am not sure if the author was around when I was at USF (pronounced Drive Thru U) when the bookstore was a couple of trailers in a dirt field and the best parking was under a big oak tree. I'm afraid I just don't see things the way the author does. 

734602664_USF.jpg.25754a29d7f365ba218956ac864774f9.jpg

Edited by WoolyBully
additional commentary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

Here's something I ran across in the morning edition of the Tampa Bay Times (December 9th, 2021, OPINION, p. 14A, column 4). Figured you might want to gnaw this at your leisure. I wonder why the earthlings think that all decisions are binary. How odd?!

This little ****** should have been at USF when I attended…he has no idea. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

22 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I wonder what the cost will be for seats and sections... I am in.

Here's a pricing map for this last year for Kanigit's Clown House. Should maybe give an idea ....

Dip***** 2021 Season Tix Pricing

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

32 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Here's something I ran across in the morning edition of the Tampa Bay Times (December 9th, 2021, OPINION, p. 14A, column 4). Figured you might want to gnaw this at your leisure. I wonder why the earthlings think that all decisions are binary. How odd?! I am not sure if the author was around when I was at USF (pronounced Drive Thru U) when the bookstore was a couple of trailers in a dirt field and the best parking was under a big oak tree. I'm afraid I just don't see things the way the author does. 

1. try parking at any university USF's size and realize this is a problem anywhere. At UCF and UF I'd argue its even worse. We shouldn't make the campus in mind with it being easier to drive around, a thriving college campus is pedestrian friendly.
  2. unkept buildings my ass, seriously when is the last time this dude has been on campus. Try touring FSU, i've been in dorms there that are literally falling apart
  3. No shaded walkways??? USF is one of the more green campuses, there are ******* trees everywhere. again, when is the last time this dude has been on campus
  4. Raymond James Stadium's profitability isn't our problem. 

I'm about to egg every house in Tierra Verde out of spite for this dude

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Houston - 40k 
TCU - 45k
CSU - 41.2k
University of Clown Football - 43k

According to the UH stadium wiki page, big bad Big 12 University of Houston (did I mention Big 12?) only has broken 40k 5 times in it's history (Big 12). 

The Clown Show Arena (UCF) has no club seating from what I can tell. UH has ~750, CSU has ~950. 

If I read between the lines of what has been said and insinuated and rumored abou the USF vision, we are going more for what CSU has. 

CSU Stadium Facts:
- 41.2k seats
- 975 club seats
- 22 luxury suites (about the same as the other 3 I mentioned above)
- 1 mega HD video board (the dump down I4 has a medium sized LED board I believe)
- Academic classrooms and student advising center
- Alumni association gather space
- Space available for corporate rentals and event
- 6 retail locations (not sure what this means, like if it is private sector or university-related)
- Hall of Champions

I believe USF SHOULD look for the stadium to look and feel more like what CSU has - a multi-use, multi-function, revenue-generating hub for the university and community, rather than some toothpicks cobbled together just to play football in. But ultimately it will come down to cost. The CSU stadium would cost ~$265m if built today with some inflation adjustments. The Oviedo Circus Tent would cost ~$75m. Pound for pound, we need to lean towards CSU. It'll come down to messaging too. Maybe we even need to call it something different. If we try to sell a "football stadium" for 250m it'll get called out but if we tell the story that it'll have alumni association rooms, corporate events, student success centers, etc, and a HUGE competitive advantage for Tampa and for USF, it's hard to argue with. Paying $75m for bubble gum and ducttape is not a middle ground or best of both worlds, it's a worst of both worlds - we would have spent a bunch of money for a narrow and limited facility. 

(Disclaimer, this is all based on the Beck analysis which could be way off)

UCF has club seats... they were added after the fact.  https://ucfknights.com/news/2018/8/4/211767112.aspx

I agree on CSU.  I like the look.

Canvas Stadium | CAA ICON

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Here's a pricing map for this last year for Kanigit's Clown House. Should maybe give an idea ....

site.png

2021 Season Ticket pricing Map (PDF)

I almost down voted you for making me look at that nasty lettering 

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

UCF has club seats... they were added after the fact.  https://ucfknights.com/news/2018/8/4/211767112.aspx

I agree on CSU.  I like the look.

Canvas Stadium | CAA ICON

Couldn't agree more on CSU.  Went to the Homecoming game there this fall.  Fantastic. 

Not fantastic? The beer lines.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This little ****** should have been at USF when I attended…he has no idea. 

I know - I remember when the Marshall Center was cinder blocks.  Also, shaded walkways between buildings?  LOL

Again, I'm just hoping the meteor hits soon.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, bulloni said:
  1. try parking at any university USF's size and realize this is a problem anywhere. At UCF and UF I'd argue its even worse. We shouldn't make the campus in mind with it being easier to drive around, a thriving college campus is pedestrian friendly.
  2. unkept buildings my ass, seriously when is the last time this dude has been on campus. Try touring FSU, i've been in dorms there that are literally falling apart
  3. No shaded walkways??? USF is one of the more green campuses, there are ******* trees everywhere. again, when is the last time this dude has been on campus
  4. Raymond James Stadium's profitability isn't our problem. 

I'm about to egg every house in Tierra Verde out of spite for this dude

Probably a gator fan…

• Upvote 1