• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I think fluke may be a bit harsh...... maybe just "not really indicative". And that was a weird year for that.

I agree, most of the good teams lost early, which opened it up for us. We were never THAT good, the bowl game kind of showed that. It was a fun but frustrating team. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, michibull said:

I agree, most of the good teams lost early, which opened it up for us. We were never THAT good, the bowl game kind of showed that. It was a fun but frustrating team. 

Perfectly said michi. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

aac-football-marker-logo.jpg

The Mountain West could suffer significant blows if the AAC corrals the teams it's targeting

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

" Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, Sand Diego State, UAB"

This list gets us to 13. So we'd likely add 1-3 more

I'd take this. The only thing I'd like to add is App State but it sounds like the Sun Belt wants to stand their ground. UAB would be a good addition for an East Division in a big market. Add those west teams and we're unquestionably still the Top G5 conference.... At least in my opinion. Could make some cool road trips with these as well. 

Also, add Boise... then we have slots open up for UCF on our OOC schedule. If this actually happens, there's a ton to take from this

Edited by MSBulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

That was a depressing article.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,589
  • Days Won:  29

Happy to hear some leaks . . . lets get this done!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That was a depressing article.

I just finished reading it and thought the exact same thing

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, MSBulls said:

" Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, Sand Diego State, UAB"

This list gets us to 13. So we'd likely add 1-3 more

I'd take this. The only thing I'd like to add is App State but it sounds like the Sun Belt wants to stand their ground. UAB would be a good addition for an East Division in a big market. Add those west teams and we're unquestionably still the Top G5 conference.... At least in my opinion. Could make some cool road trips with these as well. 

Also, add Boise... then we have slots open up for UCF on our OOC schedule. If this actually happens, there's a ton to take from this

Cant see that happening. Why would they leave the MWC? Conference realignment will occur again relatively soon, they would have to pay out exit fees, and is the money actually there to make it worthwhile? 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

Does anyone else here have ucf fans at their work that remind them about ten times a day that ucf is off to the P5 and USF is left behind ? Maybe this explains my sour attitude 

Edited by USFRaider
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Cant see that happening. Why would they leave the MWC? Conference realignment will occur again relatively soon, they would have to pay out exit fees, and is the money actually there to make it worthwhile? 

That would be the key. If the AAC can keep their value, or even improve it with Coast to Coast impact... We're double what the MWC's deal is worth right now. It'll really just come down to TV and ESPN again. I think this one is actually possible because the MWC has CBS/CBSS. Pretty awful network and CBSS is dreadful. ESPN may have a big interest in pulling in some of those markets that they don't currently have beefing up the deal a bit?

I have a hard time believing ESPN doesn't have interest in some of the bigger G5's out west and taking them in as well

Edited by MSBulls