• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I think a merger is our only hope, the b12 really screwed us over with their open ended expansion announcement. No one of value is paying an exit fee to then join a conference that they would then have to pay another $10 million exit fee to just to hopefully announce they are immediately leaving to join the B12, there may not be a great chance of it but the juice just isn’t worth the squeeze if you think that could happen to you.

Any additional big 12 expansion won’t happen for another 7-10 years when it’s time to renegotiate the new media deal.  That is a lifetime in college Athletics and should dissuade a school from doing what’s best for them in the short term.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,551
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I think a merger is our only hope, the b12 really screwed us over with their open ended expansion announcement. No one of value is paying an exit fee to then join a conference that they would then have to pay another $10 million exit fee to just to hopefully announce they are immediately leaving to join the B12, there may not be a great chance of it but the juice just isn’t worth the squeeze if you think that could happen to you.

Who are we merging with? There would be 11 teams left in CUSA, So a 19 team conference?

Maybe going Indy is the correct move? You can’t charge yourself exit fees.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

55 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Any additional big 12 expansion won’t happen for another 7-10 years when it’s time to renegotiate the new media deal.  That is a lifetime in college Athletics and should dissuade a school from doing what’s best for them in the short term.

Their tv deal ends after 2024

6 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

This should say ‘shouldn’t dissuade’.

I’m and idiot.

5 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Their tv deal ends after 2024

There are going to be new deals in place by then that will add on more years of media coverage/stability in exchange for a smooth (quicker) transition to the new alignment, I believe.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

7 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

There are going to be new deals in place by then that will add on more years of media coverage/stability in exchange for a smooth (quicker) transition to the new alignment, I believe.  

Yes that could happen and if they see they can make more money with 14 or 16 that could be included as part of the contract extension 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,261
  • Days Won:  255

13 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

13 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Who are we merging with? There would be 11 teams left in CUSA, So a 19 team conference?

Maybe going Indy is the correct move? You can’t charge yourself exit fees.

I’ve seen plenty of things that predicted their next move in 3-5 years, I believe the MWC has the most attractive options for both us and the B12 (outside of whats left in the AAC) and I don’t think for Boise this is a more attractive option that would be worth multiple exit fees.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ve seen plenty of things that predicted their next move in 3-5 years, I believe the MWC has the most attractive options for both us and the B12 (outside of whats left in the AAC) and I don’t think for Boise this is a more attractive option that would be worth multiple exit fees.

If there is a complete merge, which has been reported that Aresco is looking at, exit fees would be non applicable (not that I think this is going to happen). 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,261
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If there is a complete merge, which has been reported that Aresco is looking at, exit fees would be non applicable (not that I think this is going to happen). 

Yes that’s why I stated it makes the most sense in our current predicament. Staying pat isn’t really an option and anyone of value isn’t paying to maybe then pay again before ever playing a game and not having a great shot at more money anyway.