• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If there is a complete merge, which has been reported that Aresco is looking at, exit fees would be non applicable (not that I think this is going to happen). 

Too many egos to work it out. But a merger by the two would make a 20 team league, but that keeps you in good shape should you lose 2 or more. They would not pay exit fees and would be the 6th best conference. You can also try to get both media services from AAC and MWC and get a payout that will keep you as #6.

Will it happen? As you said might be too difficult to pull it out, but maybe you can get 6 of their schools to come over.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,524
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Too many egos to work it out. But a merger by the two would make a 20 team league, but that keeps you in good shape should you lose 2 or more. They would not pay exit fees and would be the 6th best conference. You can also try to get both media services from AAC and MWC and get a payout that will keep you as #6.

Will it happen? As you said might be too difficult to pull it out, but maybe you can get 6 of their schools to come over.

I just want any news of our plans. Whether it be merger or poaching.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

It would be nice, wouldn't it?

9 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I understand but nothing will be announced until everyone has agreed to come in and be accepted. Now if it gives you any consolation if it was just adding a CUSA or Sun Belt School it would have already happened, the fact that it hasn’t tells me that Aresco is trying for different options before moving to just adding UAB or Appy State.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I understand but nothing will be announced until everyone has agreed to come in and be accepted. Now if it gives you any consolation if it was just adding a CUSA or Sun Belt School it would have already happened, the fact that it hasn’t tells me that Aresco is trying for different options before moving to just adding UAB or Appy State.

I think he is still trying for the MWC merger first. Those two programs will be there all day. That being said, I would not mind both UAB and Appy. At least you guys in Tampa can get in a road game every now and then that you can drive to (UAB). 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think he is still trying for the MWC merger first. Those two programs will be there all day. That being said, I would not mind both UAB and Appy. At least you guys in Tampa can get in a road game every now and then that you can drive to (UAB). 

I’m in North Georgia both UAB and App state would be closer trips for me than going to Tampa. But I’m hoping for a merger that would be best conference and the best money maker.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I’m in North Georgia both UAB and App state would be closer trips for me than going to Tampa. But I’m hoping for a merger that would be best conference and the best money maker.

Nice! Well if those two come on board I actually can get dirt cheap flights to Atlanta and then I’ll drive the two hours over to Birmingham…much cheaper than flying to Tampa. App State would be nice just in terms of the venue. Yeah, hopefully we get the merge.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Yes that could happen and if they see they can make more money with 14 or 16 that could be included as part of the contract extension 

I think the ‘25 contract has already been negotiated with 12 actual members.  Who knows with the next one? I would at this point hope it’s more like 10 years now so an ocs can be built opened and played in.  That’s the last chance.

16 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I think the ‘25 contract has already been negotiated with 12 actual members.  Who knows with the next one? I would at this point hope it’s more like 10 years now so an ocs can be built opened and played in.  That’s the last chance.

Doubt that ESPN and FOX both refused to extend contract past 2024 with UT and OU and nothing has been said about extending it with any number of teams. Had they don’t that Big12 would have announced it

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Doubt that ESPN and FOX both refused to extend contract past 2024 with UT and OU and nothing has been said about extending it with any number of teams. Had they don’t that Big12 would have announced it

The media deal will be tied to the conference transfers in ‘23.  Again just my opinion.