• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Does anyone else here have ucf fans at their work that remind them about ten times a day that ucf is off to the P5 and USF is left behind ? Maybe this explains my sour attitude 

We won't be *too* far behind. I believe that as well. Too big of a market, and there's proof of what we can be on a bigger level. We just need to get it together. Hopefully that's happening now. Get an OCS in the next 5 years and it'll be sooner than we think. They quiet down quickly after that and give a little whatever shrug. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

We won't be *too* far behind. I believe that as well. Too big of a market, and there's proof of what we can be on a bigger level. We just need to get it together. Hopefully that's happening now. Get an OCS in the next 5 years and it'll be sooner than we think. They quiet down quickly after that and give a little whatever shrug. 

Trust me they don’t quiet down that quickly because what you just said is all speculation at this point 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,017
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Does anyone else here have ucf fans at their work that remind them about ten times a day that ucf is off to the P5 and USF is left behind ? Maybe this explains my sour attitude 

It's not the P5 anymore.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Hopefully Jeff Scott is the guy, would suck if we get the OCS in 5 years but still haven't made a bowl game and our performance keeps us out

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

17 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Nah. I usually don't spend too much time chatting with the janitors.

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

That would be the key. If the AAC can keep their value, or even improve it with Coast to Coast impact... We're double what the MWC's deal is worth right now. It'll really just come down to TV and ESPN again. I think this one is actually possible because the MWC has CBS/CBSS. Pretty awful network and CBSS is dreadful. ESPN may have a big interest in pulling in some of those markets that they don't currently have beefing up the deal a bit?

I have a hard time believing ESPN doesn't have interest in some of the bigger G5's out west and taking them in as well

Once the three leave that will not be the case. Thus, does espn want the property enough to continue to pay everyone $7mil a year? It will be interesting to see. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,515
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Cant see that happening. Why would they leave the MWC? Conference realignment will occur again relatively soon, they would have to pay out exit fees, and is the money actually there to make it worthwhile? 

I would rather the merger instead. Might as well go all in. Also, NM and NMSU should be included as well as Fresno State.

If we get C State, best believe I am taking a trip out to Colorado for a game.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Once the three leave that will not be the case. Thus, does espn want the property enough to continue to pay everyone $7mil a year? It will be interesting to see. 

We might be able to keep it at $7M if we add Boise, Colo St, Air Force and UNLV or SDSU.  I can't see any of the CUSA or Sun Belt teams moving the needle at all or even keeping it where it is.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That's what I'm saying. We could easily still be worth that, because ESPN has no deals for any of those bigger G5's on the West Coast. To them, if they want to add them to their networks and expand their coverage, it'd almost surefire be worth at least equal. That's if they really want them though to expand the reach. That's the only way those MWC teams agree to come this way. Money and the better exposure our deal with ESPN could give them. 

All going to come down to if ESPN really wants control of those MWC teams, and how badly. Seemingly they have a good relationship with Aresco since he's a media guy as well

Edited by MSBulls

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I think UAB in this conference could consistently average 25-30k attendance