• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Except for the fact that they did care and were growing and then we have systematically done everything in our power to drive them away in droves each and every step of the way.

And that's based on what? Your alumni is the foundation of your donor dollars and it has sucked pretty much for the entirety of our existence ......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,019
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No they were never coming on board. Too many followed their parents for Nomes and Gaytors . Sure, they have attended a few games but they were NEVER going to completely buy in for USF football. 

I don't agree on that, but I think the nature of where we play our games makes it feel like fake college football.  This is bolstered by when we play big teams.  We needed to get the alumni back on campus.  It's about building the brand and pride in the school.  Then you get the donors and buy in when they feel like they are part of something.  It's hard to explain, but it's a vibe we couldn't capture after we weren't playing the big teams anymore.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Note: I just updated and added John Allen USF first president who fought hard to keep football out in the early years.

He should probably be at the top. Wasted a lot of years that could have been planting seeds ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No they were never coming on board. Too many followed their parents for Nomes and Gaytors . Sure, they have attended a few games but they were NEVER going to completely buy in for USF football. 

That could be true but it certainly felt like every where you went you saw USF fans growing. Any store you went to had USF stuff, anywhere you went there were people representing and fans materialized in the stands. Now you are hard pressed to find anything or see anyone, the fans didn’t squander anything they tried to grow while USF went out of its way to make you not be able to care anymore.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Hopefully since the IPF recently broke ground it won't be too hard just to cover it back up and forget about it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Note: I just updated and added John Allen USF first president who fought hard to keep football out in the early years. 

John Allen oozed the anti-football culture.  I remember hearing the story on campus in the late 70's that Anheuser-Busch offered to pay fully to build Busch Stadium on campus and Allen told them not necessary as USF will NEVER play football. 

And now we don't even have a President to go to bat for us.

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't agree on that, but I think the nature of where we play our games makes it feel like fake college football.  This is bolstered by when we play big teams.  We needed to get the alumni back on campus.  It's about building the brand and pride in the school.  Then you get the donors and buy in when they feel like they are part of something.  It's hard to explain, but it's a vibe we couldn't capture after we weren't playing the big teams anymore.

That’s a fair point but I still say that many alumni were too ingrained with how their parents raised them. It would have taken wins in NYD games like UCF did for it too happen but even there you don’t see a complete buy in 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And that's based on what? Your alumni is the foundation of your donor dollars and it has sucked pretty much for the entirety of our existence ......

If you are getting people to the games and wearing the gear you have an opportunity to convert them, now we have no one to draw from that isn’t already contributing. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,520
  • Days Won:  3

It’s ok guys, once the new NCAA football video game comes out in 2023. I alone will make us great again.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That could be true but it certainly felt like every where you went you saw USF fans growing. Any store you went to had USF stuff, anywhere you went there were people representing and fans materialized in the stands. Now you are hard pressed to find anything or see anyone, the fans didn’t squander anything they tried to grow while USF went out of its way to make you not be able to care anymore.

But you saw what it took to sell out Ray Jay…a number 2 ranking. Yes, we still had some good attendance but even UCF with its success still does not sell out their little place. I just think the culture of Florida college football was too great to overcome coupled with the pro sports.