• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

It does tickle my MBA brain.  I've felt that the whole time the problem wasn't the alumni, but rather the leadership that didn't even try to show a vision for how we would build.  Then the results of the feasibility study showed me that maybe we didn't deserve it anyway.  Maybe by busting us down to nothing, we will figure out what is actually important.  Granted, there won't be a ship to get back on at that point.

From a case study method I might use this in my strategic management class…what not to do is just as important as what to do. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It does tickle my MBA brain.  I've felt that the whole time the problem wasn't the alumni, but rather the leadership that didn't even try to show a vision for how we would build.  Then the results of the feasibility study showed me that maybe we didn't deserve it anyway.  Maybe by busting us down to nothing, we will figure out what is actually important.  Granted, there won't be a ship to get back on at that point.

Would a football coach expect a team to buy in without proving themself? No, it takes time for the coach to make the team believe in him and his plan.

IMO it is 100% on the school to create an environment where the students buy in. They have yet to prove themselves.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

From a case study method I might use this in my strategic management class…what not to do is just as important as what to do. 

The problem is the ways to fail are infinite where the ways to succeed are typically quite finite. It’s like the old tale about the best forgery identifier and someone asking him how he knows all the ways people make forgery mistakes and he says he doesn’t he just focuses on knowing everything about the authentic bills. 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The problem is the ways to fail are infinite where the ways to succeed are typically quite finite. It’s like the old tale about the best forgery identifier and someone asking him how he knows all the ways people make forgery mistakes and he says he doesn’t he just focuses on knowing everything about the authentic bills. 

It’s also a good example of how hubris can kill a program and rather quickly 

Well it appears now we were “considered” by the B12.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What not to do is something we really had no choice in doing. Don’t accept an invitation to a BCS conference until your program is ready unless you have a lifetime contract written in blood. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well it appears now we were “considered” by the B12.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What not to do is something we really had no choice in doing. Don’t accept an invitation to a BCS conference until your program is ready unless you have a lifetime contract written in blood. 

The admin had a choice to buying in to football considering how far they made it.

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

So true

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

So the next logical step is B12 ----> part of the G-7 and the remaining P-4 have a bigger share of the pie. What's the endgame here? A 32 team super league with all the name brands?