• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

You can click on the link posted by SquareKnight and find UCF (#55) and usf (#61). If you click the school names, you get the data from 2005 to now.

Are you guys really giving usf only $2M/year? everything else looks similar.

You can see how our "erector set" allowed UCF to catch up to you 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,638
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

We need to start looking into AAC replacements now. My opinion? UAB, FAU, Marshall. Thoughts?

Okay, let's talk AAC 2.0.! Think outside the box - Boise, Air Force, SDSU, UNLV, Army and recent Cinderellas like Coastal and App State.  Let's truly be the American in all time zones and with all the service academies.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

During that "heyday" and all the work that CJL did do in the BE, we went from from donor level of $2.7M in 2005 to $2.9M in 2009. In comparison, CUSA ECU was at $4.8M in 2009. Ticket sales were fine then but donations are your bloodline through thick AND thin times and ours have been anemic in both.

It is my premise that continuing to grow the base leads to donor growth. The foundation of those in attendance were young, they would have had more expendable income that we could have used to grow donations but we chased most of them away brick by brick  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Okay, let's talk AAC 2.0.! Think outside the box - Boise, Air Force, SDSU, UNLV, Army and recent Cinderellas like Coastal and App State.  Let's truly be the American in all time zones and with all the service academies.

Why would they leave a better conference for the AAC? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It is my premise that continuing to grow the base leads to donor growth. The foundation of those in attendance were young, they would have had more expendable income that we could have used to grow donations but we chased most of them away brick by brick  

So does that base stay when the Lightening and Bucs started winning championships? Does that base stay when we continue to win games in a conference that was slowly being depleted? There are a lot of moving parts here. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't agree on that, but I think the nature of where we play our games makes it feel like fake college football.  This is bolstered by when we play big teams.  We needed to get the alumni back on campus.  It's about building the brand and pride in the school.  Then you get the donors and buy in when they feel like they are part of something.  It's hard to explain, but it's a vibe we couldn't capture after we weren't playing the big teams anymore.

I don't know any more if this would have been a catalyst or not. I now waver back and forth on it ..... but it's not big secret that USF was a commuter school all those years so do you really think it would have done that much good to get them back somewhere that probably didn't care about in the first place. Vast majority of those early ones would have probably been University of Phoenix grads if they had that option.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Academics over Athletics, plain and simple..  While ucf mortgaged the farm and emphasized athletics, we emphasized academics..  We made our "Preeminent" bed, now we must sleep in it...  Still hopeful Mike Kelly can pull a rabbit out of a hat, but my hope is fading, with each report of the team from the east....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

Well guys, I am out.  This will be my last post.  I have always said that should ucf get to the P5 and we are left behind, I would stop following college football altogether and after this season, I am going to live up to that.  I won't be renewing my season tickets next year, as I will spend the money on more trips out to Las Vegas to see the Raiders.  It was fun while it lasted, but it is time to move on.  Best of luck to everyone on here.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt curse is real and alive.

Until we make up with him we are doomed.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Well guys, I am out.  This will be my last post.  I have always said that should ucf get to the P5 and we are left behind, I would stop following college football altogether and after this season, I am going to live up to that.  I won't be renewing my season tickets next year, as I will spend the money on more trips out to Las Vegas to see the Raiders.  It was fun while it lasted, but it is time to move on.  Best of luck to everyone on here.

I don’t question using your money to go to vegas but to go to vegas to watch the raiders seems like the worst use of your time in vegas that I can come up with. Good luck and Godspeed it was fun while it lasted.

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Leavitt curse is real and alive.

And well earned