• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

23 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Pretty place- though as most places prices for lakefront are awfully expensive.  My wife and I have discovered this this year as we have been in search for a place.    Good luck in your search Rocky.

It's all good!  I am moving and shaking lol.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Sorry to say the expansion race ended for us last night.  Since perception is everything, the constant crawl on all of the ESPN networks about BYU, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston to the Big12 with the overwhelming contrast between our play vs. UCF's play above the crawl has nailed the expansion door shut.  Is it time to retire this topic and move on to an AAC 2.0 thread?

I took today off work a long time ago so I could spend some time reading about our opening effort, perusing TBP and hopefully enjoying some positivity moving forward this season.  I guess I'll just go up to Lowes and Publix to enjoy the projected disdain between maskers and non-maskers.  Fun day.

Edited by 79 Bull
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Sorry to say the expansion race ended for us last night.  Since perception is everything, the constant crawl on all of the ESPN networks about BYU, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston to the Big12 with the overwhelming contrast between our play vs. UCF's play above the crawl has nailed the expansion door shut.

That would be an absolute clinic in destroying a brand.

By the way, remember how our fans demanded luxury boxes, LCD screens, and cupholders in their OCS?  LOL clowns.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The 25th anniversary season may be remembered as the season when USF football died.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

11 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If punting is a criteria, we’re in

Punting was our best play

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

By the way, remember how our fans demanded luxury boxes, LCD screens, and cupholders in their OCS?  LOL clowns.

When the bounce house opened, I was one of the few people that said let's build our own erector set on campus now as it will never be cheaper and it will serve us more than adequately in the future.  Not pumping out my chest and at my age I'm a "sit in the club A/C" guy, but in terms of football progress and facilities, they did have a vision.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

It was fun while it lasted. UCF will make sure that we never join the Big 12. The fact that the names are so publicly out there is by design. It is likely a done deal at this point. USF needs to take a good, hard look in the mirror and decide what its next step is going to be. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

The 3 AAC schools selected all worked to rebrand and build themselves into winning programs. They have commitments from the top down to have good football along with other sports. While they have been building we(sadly) have been on a multi-year downward spiral. As for education? I imagine if you have a degree from Cincy or Houston prob not to bad a thing. Hopefully we will get better? I imagine last nights thumping along with the B12 report was a double sour pill to swallow for USF Athletics and for WE the alumni and supporters. If we are going to be relegated to the P5 then it's way past time for us to put together a championship football program, a dominate program. Otherwise, the App States, Coastal, etc will ascend to the new G5 top dogs. I thought we would at the least field a competitive team last night. Yep, NC State is good but, 4 yd line(finally) and can't score?? Do this next week and FL will eat us alive and expel us at the same time. Always tell people: You gotta be strong to be a USF Football fan. 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

It was fun while it lasted. UCF will make sure that we never join the Big 12. The fact that the names are so publicly out there is by design. It is likely a done deal at this point. USF needs to take a good, hard look in the mirror and decide what its next step is going to be. 

You have to want it like anything in life.