• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Thanks NEB for the apology.  Its not necessary.  I was in truth hoping that the perceived gap between UCF and USF was simply conjecture.  The numbers don't lie.  I wasnt truthfully aware of them. That said, I have no doubt UCF numbers on all of those fronts fall off precipitously when UCF eventually like all programs underperforms.  Bad timing for USF, to be sure.   I attended the Auburn and FSU wins and it seems like a lifetime ago.  I didnt have grey hair then, not the least of which recently was undoubtedly contributed in no small part by USF football the last ~5 years :(

I still think this a UCF troll account.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

That matters. A ton.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Thanks NEB for the apology.  Its not necessary.  I was in truth hoping that the perceived gap between UCF and USF was simply conjecture.  The numbers don't lie.  I wasnt truthfully aware of them. That said, I have no doubt UCF numbers on all of those fronts fall off precipitously when UCF eventually like all programs underperforms.  Bad timing for USF, to be sure.   I attended the Auburn and FSU wins and it seems like a lifetime ago.  I didnt have grey hair then, not the least of which recently was undoubtedly contributed in no small part by USF football the last ~5 years :(

Yeah those times seem long ago dc. We are on this downward turn and cannot get out of it. You are a good fan for hanging in there. Hopefully something better happens soon. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah those times seem long ago dc. We are on this downward turn and cannot get out of it. You are a good fan for hanging in there. Hopefully something better happens soon. 

You too.   My wife and I as I think I previously mentioned to you years ago used to live in Boston- now were in St Pete, however, are currently in Gilford, NH, for the summer, in the Lakes Region (wife grew up here)- not terribly far from you!  Here just for the summer on Lake Winni- beautiful place, to be sure.  Used to shiver at the UCONN FB games watching our Bulls sometimes win.  Never been to Amherst but have driven past many times on 93 on my way from Boston.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343

32 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Sadly, particularly after seeing attendance, contributions, budgets, I don't have one unfortunately.  In truth, the numbers came as a surprise to me as I was hoping the numbers were closer than they were between institutions.   Admittedly, all of these numbers are being contributed to while USF football is on its back- even places like Auburn and other schools see a tapering off in football contributions during low times.  My suspicion is that they will improve as does our performance on the field.  I would be curious to see how UCF's numbers mentioned (attendance, $, etc) faired during their 'dark years'.  Im guessing not very well.

im sure there are plenty of opportunites, where UCF was down, to find numbers? The problem is possibly that UCF has been concistently good and you cant compare anything?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, dclenden said:

You too.   My wife and I as I think I previously mentioned to you years ago used to live in Boston- now were in St Pete, however, are currently in Gilford, NH, for the summer, in the Lakes Region (wife grew up here)- not terribly far from you!  Here just for the summer on Lake Winni- beautiful place, to be sure.  Used to shiver at the UCONN FB games watching our Bulls sometimes win.  Never been to Amherst but have driven past many times on 93 on my way from Boston.

****, I honestly don’t remember talking to you before…now I do feel like an ass. I have been to Gilford many times (about 45 min from me here in Amherst). Winnipesaukee is an incredible place. I bike through there a few times a year. You are getting great weather now. I really enjoy Boston as I am there a few times each month (research and Red Sox games). I was at those same Uconn games in the rain and snow…crazy times for sure. If you are ever around for a Bulls game while up here let me know if we can get together…not too many Bull fans up here (which are diminishing by the second 😀). I am in Tampa this year for two games while visiting relatives so hopefully we turn it around by then. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

51 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

For sure

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

Big 12 expansion is not the nail in the coffin it once was.  AAC has just as much of chance to be good as the little Big 12. Without Oklahoma and Texas it will be no different than us and when there next TV contract comes around they are not going to get the same money.  If Florida St and Clemson left the ACC they would garbage in Football as well. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Winnipesaukee is an incredible place. I bike through there a few times a year. You are getting great weather now.

Considering getting some property up there...  It was quite nice.

9 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Considering getting some property up there...  It was quite nice.

Pretty place- though as most places prices for lakefront are awfully expensive.  My wife and I have discovered this this year as we have been in search for a place.    Good luck in your search Rocky.