• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, dclenden said:

Having witnessed the replies to this expansion thread for some time, a serious question constantly comes to my mind.  Notwithstanding the ‘OCS’ and a recent ‘winning percentage’, what specifically are people referencing when they claim that UCF has ‘surpassed’ the USF football program in attractiveness to a P5 suitor?  While I recognize our recent failures on the field, what exactly distinguishes UCF over USF as being a potentially better candidate for P5 expansion?  I see people write this endlessly on this board, but in truth, I’ve missed the specifics?  Is it season ticket holders?  An actual, objectively larger and measurable fan base?  An OCS?  Athletic budget?  Team revenues?  Can anyone offer specifics, or are there any any I stead people are relying on recent perception based on recent winning percentage.  Serious question.

I for one agree with this, what does UCF have that puts it miles ahead of USF? both programs attract a large audience when they are doing good, and when they are not, no one pays attention to them. UCF right now is on the upswing at the right time, it's luck. If UCF does get picked, so be it. Although I won't be able to talk about competitive USF football anymore, USF has other great sports to support and more importantly, we continue on the right path to AAU with a big endowment and research programs. Also, count me in as someone that never understood the forced rivalry with UCF. Of all the schools that are rumored to leave, Cinci is the one that irks me the most. They've been with us since the C-USA days and (supposedly) are getting ready to surpass us, just like Louisville did with the ACC.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Tonight is interesting.  Our games are on at roughly the same time.  Oviedo playing in the bounce against Boise.  I’m sure it will be sold out and have a lot of energy.  We are playing on the road against a good opponent.  Tonight is a good chance to show we belong.  

Exactly, best way to change the conversation is to surpass expectations in every avenue. Tonight is the first chance at doing just that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Tonight is interesting.  Our games are on at roughly the same time.  Oviedo playing in the bounce against Boise.  I’m sure it will be sold out and have a lot of energy.  We are playing on the road against a good opponent.  Tonight is a good chance to show we belong.  

Or that we don’t 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Or that we don’t 

I was trying not to be negative but you’re right.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, dclenden said:

Thanks for the serious reply B-  is there then objective evidence of UCF generating more ‘money and TV viewership’ or is conjecture?

This was sent to me several days ago

Pac-12-Expansion.png

We were proud to have our work referenced in Jon Wilner’s Mercury News article, “If the Pac-12 were to expand, one school stands as the clear No. 1 pick.” For those who...

Why Houston maynhave been the likely choice is the Pac was expanding: 

logo.png?w=640

The conference is expected to announce this week that it will not expand. But in an alternate universe, where it must add teams, one option stands above the rest:...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

I was trying not to be negative but you’re right.

Yep however on a good note weather delay for c, hopefully ida comes down and washes away the rust bucket.  But in all seriousness, I really only care about us and if they win or lose does nothing for me in the current state of our program. Let’s show something tonite.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

This is a rather interesting list seeing as the first AAC team checks in at 65

Also, with the exception of Louisville at 47, all of our former Big East Mates are grouped near us in the 57-77 range - maybe the Big East was not as big as we thought it was🧐

Its why they got eaten by the bigger fish and why the easiest path to having the strongest conference is to build on the smaller number that are all either higher or likely situated to the best of the available and not with the bigger grouping that includes people not even in the top 100. That is not to say some of our top does not compare to some of their bottom, that's why they will absorb them its to say you cant build off of this grouping and get to the best result because there are too many teams and too long of a tail. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254

12 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

We have been at this for years.  For those wondering the how, why, and what reasons of ucf being all over the expansion news and not us... you simply have not been paying attention or you are being intentionally dense.  Number one, they have been winning (and winning when it matters) and we have not.  Number two, they have built facilities and we have not (not even going to go into the cultural and fan interaction benefits that an OCS would have done for us the past decade).  Number three, look at the donor base (embarrassing).  Number four, the coaching hires were just bad luck, but while we were firing coaches, ucf's coaches were leaving for better jobs.  Number four, attendance, again embarrassing and the reasons don't matter, because it is what it is and it has been what it is for a long time.  Number five, our administration could never produce the vision that was happening to the East and in all honesty, I blame them the most.  Judy, Woolard, Harlan, just bad decision after bad decision.  

What are attendance number comparison- again data? Share it?

how about the ‘donor base’ your talking about? Have actual Numbers?

Im genuinely  asking for the ACTUAL numbers.  I’ve not seen them.  If you don’t know them, that’s ok too.  I haven’t seen them.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, dclenden said:

What are attendance number comparison- again data? Share it?

how about the ‘donor base’ your talking about? Have actual Numbers?

Im genuinely  asking for the ACTUAL numbers.  I’ve not seen them.  If you don’t know them, that’s ok too.  I haven’t seen them.

Apparently the people that are making the decisions have seen the numbers and have decided they are a more attractive option.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Apparently the people that are making the decisions have seen the numbers and have decided they are a more attractive option.

Where exactly have they made those decisions and who exactly are these people?