• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ramblings of some old man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I agree with your wife, it takes very little effort to acknowledge the fans. A simple wave or Go Bulls…something like that isn’t asking too much. Right now they should be happy anyone is showing up. IMO CJS has done a poor job getting people excited about the program. Some of it maybe due to Covid, but they aren’t out winning over fans or bringing in new fans. I used to love the Bulls Rallys before the season, but that seems to have come to an end. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I think the reasons for the OCS have been discussed and not sure W/L's have been mentioned.   Seriously, we should consider Corbett.  Maybe they could just hand out personalized fans to each guest

Meant to look you up today during the game, but got caught up talking to some old friends and didn't make it happen.  Maybe next weekend if I can make it to the game.   Wouldn't mind meeting up with @NewEnglandBullas well.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

I am beginning to really question what this team and staff actually do.  Seems to be no community connection, at least from my view.  I agree not too much to ask them to acknowledge fans that are greeting them.  What could they be locked into?  Most games they play like crap.  I have had tickets since day 1 and for the first time I’m really questioning the need to continue.  Hell my tickets are actually addressed in my Will for my kids to continue to purchase them.  That’s not hyperbole- it’s the honest truth.  But can easily be changed.  This staff and general direction of the entire athletics program and University as a whole has me concerned.  What has USF really done to make themselves a true, vital part of the Tampa community?  Or the community a part of the campus?  Something is very wrong.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think the reasons for the OCS have been discussed and not sure W/L's have been mentioned.   Seriously, we should consider Corbett.  Maybe they could just hand out personalized fans to each guest

Meant to look you up today during the game, but got caught up talking to some old friends and didn't make it happen.  Maybe next weekend if I can make it to the game.   Wouldn't mind meeting up with @NewEnglandBullas well.

I would like that as well Chapel. Hope you can make it next week. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would like that as well Chapel. Hope you can make it next week. 

Hopefully I'll be there.

NEB, did Faza stop by?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Hopefully I'll be there.

NEB, did Faza stop by?

Unfortunately no, maybe I can catch him at the Temple game. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Some more ramblings.  I was there yesterday and stayed to the very end and was pissed like everyone else, however unlike in the past I got home and said eff it and didn’t care anymore.   USF football has been an important part of my life however in its current state it brings me no joy and very little entertainment.  I’ve been a season ticket holder since the beginning and rarely ever missed a home game.  In fact, I would never schedule any vacation or trips around home games.  This year however I had the opportunity to take a couple of cool trips next week and the weekend of the Houston game.  I’ll glance at my phone to check a score but that’s it.  Slowly but surely  I’m disconnecting from USF football.  Sad but that’s the reality of where things are at.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

33 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Some more ramblings.  I was there yesterday and stayed to the very end and was pissed like everyone else, however unlike in the past I got home and said eff it and didn’t care anymore.   USF football has been an important part of my life however in its current state it brings me no joy and very little entertainment.  I’ve been a season ticket holder since the beginning and rarely ever missed a home game.  In fact, I would never schedule any vacation or trips around home games.  This year however I had the opportunity to take a couple of cool trips next week and the weekend of the Houston game.  I’ll glance at my phone to check a score but that’s it.  Slowly but surely  I’m disconnecting from USF football.  Sad but that’s the reality of where things are at.

It is understandable. At least this game was competitive enough to stay until the end. We couldn't but would have.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

13 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We lost this game because of coaching according to most. So playing in Ray Jay had nothing to do with the loss so why do we need an OCS?

Still haven't watched the second half but the only time we ran the ball into the line were the last 2 plays of the half. Everything else was outside.

How did Tulsa's Dline put more pressure on our QB than the NC St, UF, BYU and SMU?

Back to the OCS thing, are you really willing to invest $150 million in this program? Anyone?

Not sure UCF is doing well with a Freshman QB.  

I've doubted Cinci all year but they are starting to impress me. Watch them lose their next game as they move up to #2 in the country with Iowa losing.

Reading on here that we ran a wildcat that failed but it worked on 4th and goal in the first half. 

The people I've met from the 'pen have all been a pleasure to meet in person. Ran into our old friend Mike Stuben in the Club today. Good to see him.

Speaking of the Club, I couldn't imagine sitting at on OCS in Florida with no shade and no access to air conditioning. It was brutal out there. Know I won't have to worry about it in my game attending lifetime but still.

Speaking of attending games, thanks to the 3,000 people that showed up today. But it would have been nice if the team and coaches recognized the 50 or 60 people that watched them get off the bus before the game. I know they must be "in game mode" or some BS but my wife is really pizzzzed off about that.

Friends that we tailgate with, who have had tickets since Day 1, are about to give them up because of the tickets on phone thing. They're having massive trouble with it. I'm going to try to help them figure it out but they are beyond pizzzzzed. 

It was nice to be in a game and not down 21 - 0 at the end of the first quarter. Hated that we lost but seeing a competitive game was nice for a change.

Watching while sitting next to @NewEnglandBull was cool.  Not sure if we can do it next week as our daughter's tickets are being used but we'll see what we can do.

Spoke with WBB coach last night and he's trying to keep me into football for next year. Thinks CJS can turn it around. He's optimistic for WBB for this year.

If we are rushing only 3 guys shouldn't we be able to cover 4 receivers with 8 guys? I know it is a lot to ask them to stop the run too.

Have a good Sunday people. Be well.

I would be hard pressed to think of a more disqualifying position a perspective President could take than I think it’s a good idea to build a stadium that is otherwise worthless for a team fewer and fewer people care about every week