• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ramblings of some old man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

i always said we need to be competitive before we can should  a stadium unless a rich donor wants to foot the bill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,596
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, smazza said:

i always said we need to be competitive before we can should  a stadium unless a rich donor wants to foot the bill

Gold Arch & Flourish Wall Mirror | Hobby Lobby | 2080927

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

How did Tulsa's Dline put more pressure on our QB than the NC St, UF, BYU and SMU?

I'm still baffled by this one but I saw some ugly stuff.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

Friends that we tailgate with, who have had tickets since Day 1, are about to give them up because of the tickets on phone thing. They're having massive trouble with it.

I wish they would just go back to paper tickets.  It was fine.  This is unnecessary.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

25 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I wish they would just go back to paper tickets.  It was fine.  This is unnecessary.

Unfortunately there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.  I haven't spoken with my friends yet to see what's up. Know they had to go over to the desk on the Dale Mabry side inside the Club Section to get in and they've had to to do that every week.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

why do we need an OCS?

Back to the OCS thing, are you really willing to invest $150 million in this program? Anyone?

Speaking of the Club, I couldn't imagine sitting at on OCS in Florida with no shade and no access to air conditioning. It was brutal out there. 

Speaking of attending games, thanks to the 3,000 people that showed up today.

I'm all in on the IPF and Athletics buildings but 0 percent confident that OCS is a good idea. No way we build an OCS after that crowd yesterday. It looked like a spring game yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Upon further review (watching the 2nd half finally) I have a hard time blaming the game on the OC.  We gave up a 99 yard drive with an 11 point lead.  And, BTW, our punter isn't all that good. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Upon further review (watching the 2nd half finally) I have a hard time blaming the game on the OC.  We gave up a 99 yard drive with an 11 point lead.  And, BTW, our punter isn't all that good. 

There's blame to go around, but the defense is awful and it isn't just "lack of talent"

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We lost this game because of coaching according to most. So playing in Ray Jay had nothing to do with the loss so why do we need an OCS?

Still haven't watched the second half but the only time we ran the ball into the line were the last 2 plays of the half. Everything else was outside.

How did Tulsa's Dline put more pressure on our QB than the NC St, UF, BYU and SMU?

Back to the OCS thing, are you really willing to invest $150 million in this program? Anyone?

Not sure UCF is doing well with a Freshman QB.  

I've doubted Cinci all year but they are starting to impress me. Watch them lose their next game as they move up to #2 in the country with Iowa losing.

Reading on here that we ran a wildcat that failed but it worked on 4th and goal in the first half. 

The people I've met from the 'pen have all been a pleasure to meet in person. Ran into our old friend Mike Stuben in the Club today. Good to see him.

Speaking of the Club, I couldn't imagine sitting at on OCS in Florida with no shade and no access to air conditioning. It was brutal out there. Know I won't have to worry about it in my game attending lifetime but still.

Speaking of attending games, thanks to the 3,000 people that showed up today. But it would have been nice if the team and coaches recognized the 50 or 60 people that watched them get off the bus before the game. I know they must be "in game mode" or some BS but my wife is really pizzzzed off about that.

Friends that we tailgate with, who have had tickets since Day 1, are about to give them up because of the tickets on phone thing. They're having massive trouble with it. I'm going to try to help them figure it out but they are beyond pizzzzzed. 

It was nice to be in a game and not down 21 - 0 at the end of the first quarter. Hated that we lost but seeing a competitive game was nice for a change.

Watching while sitting next to @NewEnglandBull was cool.  Not sure if we can do it next week as our daughter's tickets are being used but we'll see what we can do.

Spoke with WBB coach last night and he's trying to keep me into football for next year. Thinks CJS can turn it around. He's optimistic for WBB for this year.

If we are rushing only 3 guys shouldn't we be able to cover 4 receivers with 8 guys? I know it is a lot to ask them to stop the run too.

Have a good Sunday people. Be well.

-I agree with the OCS point.  I think yesterday proves my reservations about it. Allow me to add to your point:

Those of you who want it at all costs not only need to pony up some cash but need to quit trying to justify reasons for it besides the fact that you just want it.  Be honest and go all in by bringing out your inner Veruca Salt and just admit "I want it now".   All of that talk that somehow we will have some awesome atmosphere and a packed house of fans is nothing more than false justification.   A team which cannot even win one game at the FBS level is not going to draw just because of a shiny new building. 

-On the welcoming the team getting off of the bus:

I was still at the home office as I had things to do when I got the notification that the team was about to arrive.  I thought how it would be nice if I could arrive early for once to a game and participate, but I have digressed.  Anyhow, given that the notice was sent out encouraging people to be there, I am miffed at the least and really distraught in your family's case.  I cannot believe they could not at least waive and smile and thank the few who still show up. This is not the way to keep the few fans you still have involved when you stink up the building on gameday. 

-On the ticket situation:

When everything works smoothly, it is nice to not have to worry about making sure I do not forget the tickets.  Still, it is annoying when one has trouble bringing up the wallet.  In addition,  this summer I went and visited my son who recently moved away and he showed me  a scrapbook which he has compiled with the many tickets of so many games I had taken him to.  I told him to value that because being able to add to that is a thing of the past. 

48 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

-I agree with the OCS point.  I think yesterday proves my reservations about it. Allow me to add to your point:

Those of you who want it at all costs not only need to pony up some cash but need to quit trying to justify reasons for it besides the fact that you just want it.  Be honest and go all in by bringing out your inner Veruca Salt and just admit "I want it now".   All of that talk that somehow we will have some awesome atmosphere and a packed house of fans is nothing more than false justification.   A team which cannot even win one game at the FBS level is not going to draw just because of a shiny new building. 

-On the welcoming the team getting off of the bus:

I was still at the home office as I had things to do when I got the notification that the team was about to arrive.  I thought how it would be nice if I could arrive early for once to a game and participate, but I have digressed.  Anyhow, given that the notice was sent out encouraging people to be there, I am miffed at the least and really distraught in your family's case.  I cannot believe they could not at least waive and smile and thank the few who still show up. This is not the way to keep the few fans you still have involved when you stink up the building on gameday. 

-On the ticket situation:

When everything works smoothly, it is nice to not have to worry about making sure I do not forget the tickets.  Still, it is annoying when one has trouble bringing up the wallet.  In addition,  this summer I went and visited my son who recently moved away and he showed me  a scrapbook which he has compiled with the many tickets of so many games I had taken him to.  I told him to value that because being able to add to that is a thing of the past. 

Spoke with my friends re the tix. Sounds like they are doing everything right. Downloading to Google Pay and the bar on the bottom is scanning back and forth. Not scanning at the scanners in the building.

• Upvote 1