• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ramblings of some old man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,905
  • Days Won:  33

4 hours ago, smazza said:

i always said we need to be competitive before we can should  a stadium unless a rich donor wants to foot the bill

When were you cutting that check? 😉

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, pascobull said:

I'm all in on the IPF and Athletics buildings but 0 percent confident that OCS is a good idea. No way we build an OCS after that crowd yesterday. It looked like a spring game yesterday.

I want to see and enjoy an OCS for some time before I die; so **** it and go in debt and do it ASAP I say.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Some more ramblings.  I was there yesterday and stayed to the very end and was pissed like everyone else, however unlike in the past I got home and said eff it and didn’t care anymore.   USF football has been an important part of my life however in its current state it brings me no joy and very little entertainment.  I’ve been a season ticket holder since the beginning and rarely ever missed a home game.  In fact, I would never schedule any vacation or trips around home games.  This year however I had the opportunity to take a couple of cool trips next week and the weekend of the Houston game.  I’ll glance at my phone to check a score but that’s it.  Slowly but surely  I’m disconnecting from USF football.  Sad but that’s the reality of where things are at.

I will be at another game and miss next weeks and will also miss Houston with friends in town.  I no longer schedule around these games and while it makes my wife happier, it is a little depressing but there really is only so much you can take.  This year has been the absolute worst year ever, c moving on, we haven’t won in a couple years and we no longer either have a coach we like or a coach on the hot seat on the way out, we simply have an incompetent coach, no future and really nothing we can do about it, we got the wrong guy and are stuck with him. He really is a chip off the old block.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

53 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I will be at another game and miss next weeks and will also miss Houston with friends in town.  I no longer schedule around these games and while it makes my wife happier, it is a little depressing but there really is only so much you can take.  This year has been the absolute worst year ever, c moving on, we haven’t won in a couple years and we no longer either have a coach we like or a coach on the hot seat on the way out, we simply have an incompetent coach, no future and really nothing we can do about it, we got the wrong guy and are stuck with him. He really is a chip off the old block.

Got invited at the last minute by my BIL to go to the Ole Miss/LSU game this weekend in Oxford.  So I’ll be partying in the grove rather than tailgating at RayJay.  A few years ago, I would have said nope can’t make there’s a Bulls home game.  Now I’m looking for last minute flights.  Times they are a changing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,039
  • Days Won:  38

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

And, BTW, our punter isn't all that good. 

That's funny because in the first game we thought he was the one strength of the team.

3 hours ago, Mission9 said:

Those of you who want it at all costs not only need to pony up some cash

Can't pony it up until they announce it, give payment options, perks, payment plans yada yada.

I'm not going to chip in to have them pull the rug out of football.  I don't watch other sports so it is what it is.

In the meantime, I will support the team and be one of the few people that buy tickets and care.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Spoke with my friends re the tix. Sounds like they are doing everything right. Downloading to Google Pay and the bar on the bottom is scanning back and forth. Not scanning at the scanners in the building.

If possible, plan to go in with them and have them transfer their tix to you to see if it's maybe their phone or TM account ...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Can't pony it up until they announce it, give payment options, perks, payment plans yada yada.

I'm not going to chip in to have them pull the rug out of football.  I don't watch other sports so it is what it is.

In the meantime, I will support the team and be one of the few people that buy tickets and care.

I do find it amusing that you  conveniently left out the most important point of that part of the post. 

So there is no misunderstanding, my life will be a lot easier if I can drive up to the games at USF rather than have to go into Tampa.  I just am not going to give false justification for it other than it would be nice for me.  Still, given the state of the program as well as the inflated prices these days, I am worried more than ever about the costs involved

Edited by Mission9

10 hours ago, Mission9 said:

I do find it amusing that you  conveniently left out the most important point of that part of the post. 

So there is no misunderstanding, my life will be a lot easier if I can drive up to the games at USF rather than have to go into Tampa.  I just am not going to give false justification for it other than it would be nice for me.  Still, given the state of the program as well as the inflated prices these days, I am worried more than ever about the costs involved

Sorry about that.  I tend to just scroll and read quick and just reply with random thoughts or jokes. 

This stadium situation makes me particularly angry because I knew the whole time as a business model that the status quo was not going to work.  It's like watching the dumbest business decisions happen in slow motion.  These include:

• Blaming customers.
  • Messing with customer prices and driving away long time supporters.    
  • Putting out a feasibility survey to "prove" that luxury is needed, and therefore not possible.  Brilliant!  
  • Not expanding.
  • Thinking we are still the same up and coming program as in the first 10 years while getting passed by everyone.
  • Doing nothing.
  • Not even trying to have a vision or communicating one to customers.
  • Blowing money on failure.
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,445
  • Days Won:  19

Rick, some of us just don't know anything else or when and how to get out.  I call it BFS: Battered Fan Syndrome.