• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ramblings of some old man

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,445
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

The year the ticket plan was rolled out was the year Coach Taggart turned things around.

Yes, that's true.  And had we maintained anything near that level of success for long enough that the coffee didn't get cold we may not have had some of the problems with ticket sales and attendance today.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,904
  • Days Won:  33

On 10/20/2021 at 3:15 PM, SilverBull said:

Yes, that's true.  And had we maintained anything near that level of success for long enough that the coffee didn't get cold we may not have had some of the problems with ticket sales and attendance today.

Very fair point to say the least. We'll get back there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, MikeG said:

I recall being very pissed at the entire situation. I had my initial two seats and took advantage of an upcoming donor level change to add two more seats-- ones that were to be for my comfort long term at a slightly higher donor level. The whole point was that I was beating the clock and keeping my grandfathered status for being a loyal STH. So much for that-- as if nothing they ever said about controlling the seats and donation level were in any need to be HONORED by the program. I had this type of BS to deal with enough with the Bucs and just said screw it--- you've lost a customer. Moving to Phoenix didn't hurt the situation as I no longer was going to games.

Basically-- I felt they lied to us and changed the game as if what was done previously was no longer valid because for some ridiculously BOGUS reasons they came up with to cover their arse.

You piss off the people who buy tickets-- prepare to lose sales, sometimes FOREVER. You've even lost my donation. I am pretty tired of USF admin all across the board. SO COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH WHAT IS GOING ON. And yes-- it started with how they handled Leavitt.

I think what they did was desperately needed but sounds like the execution left a lot to be desired ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think what they did was desperately needed but sounds like the execution left a lot to be desired ....

Desperately?  How was it desperate?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Desperately?  How was it desperate?

The embarrassing donor level we've been at ..... ?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The embarrassing donor level we've been at ..... ?

Do you know if it net increased or decreased donor money?

Changing the donation to a per seat basis is not a good way to count on raising overall donations.  People just dropped seats.  Look at now..  All of that is gone.  Had the donation been kept separate, I imagine some could have dropped tickets without dropping year after year donations.  In hindsight it was a failure it appears.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I recall being very pissed at the entire situation. I had my initial two seats and took advantage of an upcoming donor level change to add two more seats-- ones that were to be for my comfort long term at a slightly higher donor level. The whole point was that I was beating the clock and keeping my grandfathered status for being a loyal STH. So much for that-- as if nothing they ever said about controlling the seats and donation level were in any need to be HONORED by the program. I had this type of BS to deal with enough with the Bucs and just said screw it--- you've lost a customer. Moving to Phoenix didn't hurt the situation as I no longer was going to games.

Basically-- I felt they lied to us and changed the game as if what was done previously was no longer valid because for some ridiculously BOGUS reasons they came up with to cover their arse.

You piss off the people who buy tickets-- prepare to lose sales, sometimes FOREVER. You've even lost my donation. I am pretty tired of USF admin all across the board. SO COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH WHAT IS GOING ON. And yes-- it started with how they handled Leavitt.

I was absolutely screwed on the locker sponsorship...

If I do a capital donation again, there will be additional terms and conditions added.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

53 minutes ago, MikeG said:

The Bull Backers sponsored a locker as well and I am assuming that when they did all the renovations, that stuff got removed. Seems kind of ridiculous to walk back any recognition for that type of stuff.

I still wonder why they went with the current style lockers when the old ones were beautiful real oak IIRC. Who knows-- everything seems like it is about the dazzle and not the substance anymore.

A deep hole knows no distance