• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ramblings of some old man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

• Messing with customer prices and driving away long time supporters.    

I had forgotten this.  I sit in seats in which I choose to donate more than required so it did not affect me.  I had thought long time ticket holders were grandfathered in.  That is a problem when you drive away loyal followers and there is no one behind them to step up. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,909
  • Days Won:  33

Just now, Mission9 said:

I had forgotten this.  I sit in seats in which I choose to donate more than required so it did not affect me.  I had thought long time ticket holders were grandfathered in.  That is a problem when you drive away loyal followers and there is no one behind them to step up. 

The grandfathering went away in 2015. That helped us lower prices in just about every area and made it easier for season ticket members to relocate and/or add seats without having to make a larger donation under the prior system

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The grandfathering went away in 2015. That helped us lower prices in just about every area and made it easier for season ticket members to relocate and/or add seats without having to make a larger donation under the prior system

Interesting. I just opt to  renew every year and am down to just 2 seats so I really was not aware of that point.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,967
  • Days Won:  12

"Back to the OCS thing, are you really willing to invest $150 million in this program? Anyone?"

This is why my donations to USF are on pause (but not "done")... after seeing UCF go to the Big 12 while it looks like we are not only stuck playing Charlotte but losing to them week in and week out, it's no longer a good use of my family's resources. UNLESS - and this shouldn't be hard - someone steps up and articulates a vision for USF football that goes beyond platitudes and we, oh I don't know, win an FBS game more than once every 2 years. 

The product sucks and no one seems to care. You can't yell "help us buy a stadium" if you've been silent for the past several years of suck. Someone else can pay for Charlotte to beat us in a $200m band aid if that's how the die hands are treated. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

22 hours ago, Mission9 said:

That may have been a Mark Harlan decision because UCLA or Arizona did it.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

I never saw the "benefit" to existing STHers.  I had 8 from day one and a couple guys here bought them from me after I moved away.  When they re-priced everything, my costs were rocketing up.  I had to drop all tickets - it was such a ham-handed and dull-sensed move (Harlan-like).  The next year I came back and got two tickets.  I have grown my allotment higher going to cheaper areas - but it blew up my original seats in 210 and 110 (I think).

I get why they did it, but there probably was a better way to execute the plan when one considered timing, prices, etc..  Felt like a kick in the stomach to a donor and STH from program's inception.

I thought, "why didn't they just accuse me of slapping some delinquent in the face"?  Done.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Brad said:

I never saw the "benefit" to existing STHers.  I had 8 from day one and a couple guys here bought them from me after I moved away.  When they re-priced everything, my costs were rocketing up.  I had to drop all tickets - it was such a ham-handed and dull-sensed move (Harlan-like).  The next year I came back and got two tickets.  I have grown my allotment higher going to cheaper areas - but it blew up my original seats in 210 and 110 (I think).

I get why they did it, but there probably was a better way to execute the plan when one considered timing, prices, etc..  Felt like a kick in the stomach to a donor and STH from program's inception.

I thought, "why didn't they just accuse me of slapping some delinquent in the face"?  Done.

Think the 'pen had discussed back then the idea of letting people know what was going on over the course of a year.  And maybe they did but thought it got rushed out.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,445
  • Days Won:  19

20 hours ago, Brad said:

19 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Think the 'pen had discussed back then the idea of letting people know what was going on over the course of a year.  And maybe they did but thought it got rushed out.

This was a Harlan initiative and there was much angst and great consternation among staff and the Bulls Club Board at the time.  Even though it adversely affected me, at the time I thought it was the right move to incentivize new bigger donors and lower overall ticket prices (one of the few things I ever agreed with MH about).  I did, however, think they utilized a rather sledgehammer approach and, unfortunately, our on-field performance soon plummeted, which pretty much wiped out any advantage which might have been gained.

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

This was a Harlan initiative and there was much angst and great consternation among staff and the Bulls Club Board at the time.  Even though it adversely affected me, at the time I thought it was the right move to incentivize new bigger donors and lower overall ticket prices (one of the few things I ever agreed with MH about).  I did, however, think they utilized a rather sledgehammer approach and, unfortunately, our on-field performance soon plummeted, which pretty much wiped out any advantage which might have been gained.

Think that was what I remember.  Believe Mark Mulhauser had mentioned that.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,909
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

I did, however, think they utilized a rather sledgehammer approach and, unfortunately, our on-field performance soon plummeted, which pretty much wiped out any advantage which might have been gained.

The year the ticket plan was rolled out was the year Coach Taggart turned things around.