• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

name some of the USF bars/restaurants you used to frequent as a student

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

Greenery, Tia's, Bull Ring, UA Hangout, Sloppertop, and Peabody's are a few that come to mind.

Edited by Bull Nut

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

The Tanga was the bomb until it also burned to the ground. Cheap entry and they didn't care if you had drinks in the parking lot (their drinks were garbage). Three stages and a generous lap dance area. It was a favorite for bachelor parties. Good times. Never did the $10 handy though. Guess I missed the sign or something. But of all the strip clubs on that strip of causeway-- Tanga was my favorite.

I can't recall where that was (or if I ever went there).

it was in downtown Tampa on Franklin Street. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

La Hangout, bulls club, tia tias, greenery,  Cooper something, cgs  i think it was called some dump pizza dive bar that had good wings, and peabodies but it was further away

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

Anyone ever hang out at Putters? It was off Bruce B Downs near Hunters Green in a strip mall. Had putting greens you could play for free in the middle. Decent night crowd for a while and cheap drinks.

I recall meeting local sports caster Chris Thomas there once. What a sloppy drunk clown he was - probably alcoholic.

Edited by MikeG

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, MikeG said:

Recalling the days of the Empty Keg got me thinking.

First one I remember was Ricky's on Fletcher near an off campus bookstore. I think this was replaced by some wing place that went down fast and then eventually became a lame strip club (can't recall the name).

Of course- everyone remembers CC's- a little further down the street. Famous for nickel beer nights and other cheap specials-- the floors were sticky. Across the street a bit (and still there I believe) is the Brass Mug in the same complex as the Wooden NIckel head shop.

Good lord-- there were lots of places to go invibe. Daytime drinking fun could be had in the mall at Mr Dunderbaks.

I think I only went once to a place called "The Grog" which got knocked down/replaced 1985 or so by some fast food place (not McDonalds but next to it) - cheap ass beer but a a dump. AAt some point-- the old BBQ place across the street got renovated and was sort of fun for a while -- called Montana's (early 1990s).

A slight upgrade to that was across the street (eventually next to the ABC liquor lounge) called the Time Tunnel Pub (picture below-- not of me).

5-2-48.png.df3114e21933f2d749bf7db84532111f.png

Can't quite remember the name of that one bar across from the Phi Delt house-- Tavern on the Green? or something like that.

Oooh yeah-- Kasey's Kove on Fowler-- gross ceiling but decent wings. Of course the Coppertop Pub also on Fowler (eventually had a Beef O'Brady's across the street)- did that get changed into a CDB's at some point? Think it is closed now-- not sure about the CDB's that was at Fowler and 30th street. 

Tons more I am missing of course-- this is just a starter---- throw in your thoughts and let's let this football thing take a break.

Yeah this is my list. Kasey’s (was it 10cent or quarter wings), Montana’s was a haunt until it became the Bug Ugly Munchie Man, Coppertop, Hops, Greenery (lived next door in Ashford Green) … Bella’s after initiation or Rush classes.

I actually spent some time at the empty Keg too, always thought having that on campus was cool, in my last year  “Zombie” by Cranberries got burned into my head on the video juke down there.

I miss a good dive. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The Greenery (spelling?) was a complete dive. Used to have a beer or two with Professor Levy from the political science department. 

I had that guy

Patricks

Masquerade

DNA

Bar near Sheppards (can't remember the name)

Ybor City in general

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

29 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Greenery, Tia's, Bull Ring, UA Hangout, Sloppertop, and Peabody's are a few that come to mind.

Monday was Peabodys $5 liquor pitchers and $1 shots on the hour, Wednesday was Green Iguana $1 drink night (Ybor or Westshore, Anderson Rd came later) Thursdays was Ybor hanging at the rooftop at Prana, Amphitheater, Castle or Orpheum, Friday’s were SoHo - start with $10 happy hour at MacDintons and then go to Whiskey Park (I did bottle service/barbacking there in ‘05), Saturdays were reserved for Banana Joe’s/Margarita Mommas/Howl at the Moon in channelside and Sunday’s were reserved for the pool at Campus Lodge.

Throw in Tia’s and original World of Beer in Weschase for good measure.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Monday was Peabodys $5 liquor pitchers and $1 shots on the hour, Wednesday was Green Iguana $1 drink night (Ybor or Westshore, Anderson Rd came later) Thursdays was Ybor hanging at the rooftop at Prana, Amphitheater, Castle or Orpheum, Friday’s were SoHo - start with $10 happy hour at MacDintons and then go to Whiskey Park (I did bottle service/barbacking there in ‘05), Saturdays were reserved for Banana Joe’s/Margarita Mommas/Howl at the Moon in channelside and Sunday’s were reserved for the pool at Campus Lodge.

Throw in Tia’s and original World of Beer in Weschase for good measure.

Lot of these were in my mid to late 20's ... sounds like you were just behind me.  We preferred Jellyrolls to Howl at the Moon though

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Lot of these were in my mid to late 20's ... sounds like you were just behind me.  We preferred Jellyrolls to Howl at the Moon though

Class of ‘05