• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

name some of the USF bars/restaurants you used to frequent as a student

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

21 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Kasey's Kove for me.   Belly up to the bar and get wings and beer.

I went back a couple of years after graduation and was horrified that I used to eat there.   Lol

Loved Kasey's Kove.  Wednesday night was the big night there if I remember it right.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Casey’s Cove. .25 cent beer night. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

8 hours ago, Boomer said:

Pretty sure Red Dog was just a place that gave strippers somewhere to earn money serving drinks on their days off!  Their theme nights were incredible.

this was around 1998 or so-- I think they had some wait staff wearing the lingerie later on but it was mostly just 30 somethings having a drink, playing some board games or pool or foosball or bubble boy hockey. I also liked the big screen Golden Tee that was right  as you came in off the deck. WE used to go there quite often after playing in Tampa Club Sport stuff like softball, kickball, flag football or whatever. Great times.... here's me playing foosball back in the day...

4-2-30.thumb.png.1f494426c8d6bdb2fdd20ed662f6e37f.png

4-2-31.thumb.png.3b6d3da8c3874bb509a2306240cd4ae1.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Loved Kasey's Kove.  Wednesday night was the big night there if I remember it right.  

some people used to love the oysters there and they prepared them right in front of you-- I was not one to indulge in that stuff but the wings were pretty decent. I doubt they ever cleaned the ceilings--- which were seriously disgusting. But it was a huge hook up place back in the day. The cheap beer nights were packed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

My roommate worked at the Greenery (Trish) for a few years. That place was awesome for food/beer. $4.25 for the 8 inch sub and chili. The pool table always had action as well. Apart from that, it was a swordfish fight most nights. But I could stumble home down 32nd street(Bavarian Village).  

I worked at Cuda Bay downtown from the SuperBowl opening and for about a year or so after that. 

Yucatan Liquor stand was fun down off of Lois (?).  

I also remember a place for reggae on Sundays out on the causeway. 

Good times.  

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, cophbulls said:

I used to live in the apartments that surrounded that place, my back door was literally 100 ft from the side door of that place. 

Were you the guys that when you moved, you brought back like 20 glass pitchers that you had bought beer in and kept? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, No_Willie_Jokes_Yet said:

My roommate worked at the Greenery (Trish) for a few years. That place was awesome for food/beer. $4.25 for the 8 inch sub and chili. The pool table always had action as well. Apart from that, it was a swordfish fight most nights. But I could stumble home down 32nd street(Bavarian Village).  

I worked at Cuda Bay downtown from the SuperBowl opening and for about a year or so after that. 

Yucatan Liquor stand was fun down off of Lois (?).  

I also remember a place for reggae on Sundays out on the causeway. 

Good times.  

I think you are talking about Whiskey Joes. Free peanuts you would shell and toss on the floor. Loved that place!

Crawdaddy's was nearby but not quite as scenic imo.

10 hours ago, MikeG said:

I think you are talking about Whiskey Joes. Free peanuts you would shell and toss on the floor. Loved that place!

Crawdaddy's was nearby but not quite as scenic imo.

Had my wedding/reception at crawdaddys. Miss that place.

13 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Had my wedding/reception at crawdaddys. Miss that place.

at Crawdaddy's or that banquet place/hotel that over looked Whiskey Joes? I recall watching numerous wedding events at location. Crawdaddy's was the farthest bar down that little area, Whiskey Joes in the middle and then that other place (can't remember the name-- Rocky Pointe something?).

There were a bunch of bars that started across the street from the Whiskey Joes area off that little lake area off the causeway before the light. Used to go to a couple of them but blanking on their names though this was late 1990s-early 2000s

10 hours ago, MikeG said:

at Crawdaddy's or that banquet place/hotel that over looked Whiskey Joes? I recall watching numerous wedding events at location. Crawdaddy's was the farthest bar down that little area, Whiskey Joes in the middle and then that other place (can't remember the name-- Rocky Pointe something?).

There were a bunch of bars that started across the street from the Whiskey Joes area off that little lake area off the causeway before the light. Used to go to a couple of them but blanking on their names though this was late 1990s-early 2000s

I think it was the actual crawdaddys.  It was not the rusty pelican or that banquet hall.  I know the place is closed or maybe not even there now.  It was 1999.  I’ll try to do some research.