• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do we sell out Ray Jay with mainly Bulls fans before getting an OCS?

What Happens First?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

But we have cup holders…

I know this is a running joke on TBP, but how much does this add to the cost? I don’t visit many other universities (these Green and Gold goggles are pretty difficult to take off; sadly, especially during football season) but is this not a thing at schools with bench seating?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

I know this is a running joke on TBP, but how much does this add to the cost? I don’t visit many other universities (these Green and Gold goggles are pretty difficult to take off; sadly, especially during football season) but is this not a thing at schools with bench seating?

Usually the the concrete floor under your feet is your cup holder.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

If I don't have cupholders, what would I do with myself? Watch football?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

42 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

If I don't have cupholders, what would I do with myself? Watch football?

Interesting that that's kind of the argument I  occasionally use against the red seats/pirate ship whiners. I'm there to watch the team play football. Would I like the seats to be green and the ship not there, absolutely,but I'm there to watch the team. Obviously some think the surroundings are more important than the game itself and it's just a difference in philosophies ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

You have the added characteristic of being a Bucs fan, which makes it look almost normal to you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

You have the added characteristic of being a Bucs fan, which makes it look almost normal to you.

Probably is part of it and I get those without that affiliation being testy about it .....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

We do not make jack squat at RJS even though we have second in line status after the Bucs.   The Bucs make the majority of the money at our home games.  

While an OCS will cost USF money, they would eventually turn a profit because all of the profits from concessions and parking would to to USF.   Even if USF contracted out the concessions and parking to a 3rd party management, USF would still have a better split of the profits, unless we have complete morons in USF administration and they give that away.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

20 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

And a pirate ship…

I am so tired of that pirate ship.  It was a fun Disney-esque  novelty when they built it, but only a chosen few are allowed on it.   It is in the way of the Jumbotron, so it is a distraction.  It may work for the Bucs, but at our games it is a constant reminder that we should have build an OCS over a decade ago.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

24 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

I am so tired of that pirate ship.  It was a fun Disney-esque  novelty when they built it, but only a chosen few are allowed on it.   It is in the way of the Jumbotron, so it is a distraction.  It may work for the Bucs, but at our games it is a constant reminder that we should have build an OCS over a decade ago.

It definitely works for the Bucs.  It looks like a ship pulled up next to a village and is firing cannons at you.