• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

If USF athletics came out tomorrow and began an official donation fund for an OCS with a $200M goal, how many of us would donate day one? I know I would. Why hasnt this begun? Why hasnt it even been an option for years? Im sure we couldve had an OCS years ago had this been the case. Give fans/alumni the opportunity   to directly contribute to an OCS fund while also pledging your own support from the university, its not that hard to figure out. Seriously!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

Says the guy who would not go often. 😀

Not directed at NewEngland specifically but most of us old farts have always been more concerned with fiscal responsibility (something totally lacking in today's political climate). Believe me when I tell you I have tired long ago of the TSA, the parking goons, as well as the local law enforcement after games.  I still am miffed over being forced to leave early after the 2017 Senior night game when we were still waving to some of the Seniors still on the field and shaking hands and saying goodbye.  I do not think such a thing would happen at a USF controlled stadium. Once again, how are we going to pay for it and carry as little debt as possible?  This has been the question anyway but is even more a concern now. In this age where politicians can lock down the populous it is really risky to take on debt unless you can get a lender who will put in a clause for such events beyond the university's control. 

Now, the wish list.  I think everyone sees the newer University of Minnesota stadium as the Mercedes (or in my case, a Shelby GT500) we would all love to have.  That was never reasonable.  I really enjoyed my visit to Yulman Stadium in New Orleans and think a combination of a place like that and some of the best points of our baseball stadium would be abolutely fine for this old fart. 

We just need something simple. Just a small step above the ucf stadium…it’s not complicated. But a plan (10 year 25 year) plan needs to be in place. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I think the old farts take too much blame for this. An OCS would have donor sections where most of the old farts would sit that had those amenities so I think that's a moot point. The problem would lie in the lower level season tix/donor levels where those amenities may not be and those used to the RayJay amenities may have a problem with that commitment.

I really don’t think the lower level donors would have issue. They get a chance to revisit the campus, show their kids where they want to school, etc. in face tge game may actually be secondary for some of them. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

I have been beating the OCS drum for years. Since the beginning really. The squandered opportunity to capitalize on the incredible momentum that this program had in the beginning is a failure of monumental proportions. 

Where we were compared to where we are is sickening.

We took a summer trip to Boone, NC over the summer. Home of App State. Beautiful campus, great little college town and a beautiful little stadium. You can’t tell me that USF can’t build something similar.

I adamantly disagree with the notion that a 35,000 seater is a mistake. The mistake is not building it.

I also reject the notion that winning comes before building it. Build the MFing stadium. 

Jeff Vinik has enough money under his car seat to build this thing. USF needs to get off their asses and make this happen. Hustle. Let’s go.

If not, just fold the program. Then I can turn my full attention to USF Soccer once and for all.

Here are a couple shots that I took…the entire time I was thinking “How the eff haven’t we built one of these yet?”

A254BC5B-EFD8-45ED-9731-FBC2942133B7.jpeg

3DAF08F6-19EA-44DF-B30A-2125A2DC720D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I have been beating the OCS drum for years. Since the beginning really. The squandered opportunity to capitalize on the incredible momentum that this program had in the beginning is a failure of monumental proportions. 

We took a summer trip to Boone, NC over the summer. Home of App State. Beautiful campus, great little college town and a beautiful little stadium. You can’t tell me that USF can’t build something similar.

I adamantly disagree with the notion that a 35,000 seater is a mistake. The mistake is not building it.

I also reject the notion that winning comes before building it. Build the MFing stadium. 

Jeff Vinik has enough money under his car seat to build this thing. USF needs to get off their asses and make this happen. Hustle. Let’s go.

If not, just fold the program. Then I can turn my full attention to USF Soccer once and for all.

Here are a couple shots that I took…the entire time I was thinking “How the eff haven’t we built one of these yet?”

💯 couldn’t agree more with your post. I see CSU’s stadium (not a great program btw) and App State and I always feel bummed we can’t have something similar. We have to start somewhere because the cfb world isn’t going to wait for USF to catch up. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

35 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I went to Boone last year and toured their stadium…it’s nice and I’m sure on game day is fun and loud. My dad lives in Charlotte not far from unc Charlotte. Their stadium is nice…a little smaller then what we’d need, but it’s still nice. I’d rather be in a full 30k stadium then sitting with tons of open seats around me 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yea 35k with berm seating would be perfect.  So could pack in maybe an extra 10k for cheap seats for a huge game. I kind of like the stadium Akron has but that's 30k. Cost was well under 100 million In 2009. 

Although larger, Navy has been seating and it’s looks great. It’s usually families with kids sitting there picnicking. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We should have copied Apogee Stadium in Texas 10 years ago.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We should have copied Apogee Stadium in Texas 10 years ago.

Can we also be "the Mean Green"!?  If we ever have a good defense again, Mean Green Bulls. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

53 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Build it 35,000...with nice seats and amenities like UCF's Tower Club for your "old" fans that need that sort of thing.  You can also put individual seatbacks in the rows below the Tower Club and charge higher ticket prices/donation levels for those seats.  Expand the stadium in the future when necessary.

This is what I have said so many times.  A 35k actual USF experience would be amazing.  Expand later if it ever comes to that.

• Upvote 1