• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Taking a lot of willpower to not post a classic Python skit here ....

I’ll beat you to the punch 💩

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ll beat you to the punch 💩

101162.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

That averages out to 24,670 over the six regular season home games. The total and average does not include the Sun Belt Championship game, which 18,618 people attended. 

Not sure what that means but they aren't selling out if capacity is 30k (which I don't know is true).

I was saying for us it would be nice to have a 30k stadium which we could sell out. Boone NC is pretty small city compared to Tampa. 24k for out there is a decent turn out. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I went to Boone last year and toured their stadium…it’s nice and I’m sure on game day is fun and loud. My dad lives in Charlotte not far from unc Charlotte. Their stadium is nice…a little smaller then what we’d need, but it’s still nice. I’d rather be in a full 30k stadium then sitting with tons of open seats around me 

Kidd Brewer Stadium is a nice stadium. We were in Boone one fall week when USF was not at home and had the opportunity to attend their homecoming parade which is attended very well ( more than an any USF parade that I have had the privilege of being in). We attended the homecoming game and it was a great atmosphere. All of the fans seem to get. into the cheers, fight song and alma  mater ,even the older folks our age. Tailgating happens all over campus even in city lots.   Much better game day atmosphere than USF or C has

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

Kidd Brewer Stadium is a nice stadium. We were in Boone one fall week when USF was not at home and had the opportunity to attend their homecoming parade which is attended very well ( more than an any USF parade that I have had the privilege of being in). We attended the homecoming game and it was a great atmosphere. All of the fans seem to get. into the cheers, fight song and alma  mater ,even the older folks our age. Tailgating happens all over campus even in city lots.   Much better game day atmosphere than USF or C has

Sounds like a good time. Hopefully we can add them to the AAC. Boone is a pretty cool little town. Would love to go to a USF game there. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

ECU fans are upset enough at the fact they lost to Happy Appy.  Can you imagine the disgust if the AAC were to invite them?  

Edited by Mission9

20 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

I am guessing it is solid and does not "bounce".  It looks good in the photos. 

If USF decides to go on the cheap, I will pray everyday to the great god Hephaestus that the stadium is solidly built. 

20 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I was saying for us it would be nice to have a 30k stadium which we could sell out. Boone NC is pretty small city compared to Tampa. 24k for out there is a decent turn out. 

I appreciate the point.  Supply and demand will definitely come into play as some fence sitters might be more inclined to pony up the cash earlier (ok, well, if the team is at least competent) knowing that there may not be a seat available if they wait too long. 

I think a balance between what Rex said and having enough seats if USF aspires to move up must be considered.  I would think a little closer to 40K might be ideal.  I noticed that the 4 who just got the call up to the majors are able to seat at least 40K.  Sure, there are smaller stadiums in the Pee 5 but those are for teams which have for years been in said conferences. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well now that this board has apparently approved and figured out this stadium thingy who is going to inform Michael Kelly? 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Winning against teams that no one cares about won’t solve this issue. Theu could go 10-0 for 10 years and it won’t matter until they get into a p5

• Upvote 2