• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Love his confidence, not many true freshman are that aggressive in their first start. But yeah we really need to drill it in his head to slide or go out of bounds against a physical BYU team

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Then he's really going to be hobbling after we play BYU and our conference games.  Maybe we should just let Marsh hand the ball off the rest of the season ......

I guess you think we should just risk him getting injured in a blowout against a 1-aa team....glad our coach doesn't think this way.

Grothe going down his senior year against a 1-aa team sure did wonders for us.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Chapelbull is wrong here.  The game was over. At least according to my wife and I. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

That is the one thing that concerns me about this young guy...Durability. He already exhibits slow rise from getting hit. He is prob 19 years old and is 10 months removed from high school. He is good and has a lot of talent but you watch him and he still exhibits the high school reaction to some things happening around him. High school lot's of talented QB's just tuck it and run and run because they out-talent the other kids. If he is the starter?? I sure hope we have a designated backup who can go in and win a game for us. It should be(by experience-age) Fortin?? This QB uncertainty has plagued us for too many years now. We need a "star" to run this offense..hope we have one this season. I'll end w/ this..QF was beyond talented. He made plays out of Horse****. His vison was amazing. Don't see our next QF yet..

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I guess you think we should just risk him getting injured in a blowout against a 1-aa team....glad our coach doesn't think this way.

Grothe going down his senior year against a 1-aa team sure did wonders for us.

If I type slower will that help.  Grothe = senior =doesn't need reps 

McClain 17 or 18 year old freshman obviously does

And I will point out again her how Ole Miss' All American Qb was still chucking it up 40 late 3rd

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

That is the one thing that concerns me about this young guy...Durability. He already exhibits slow rise from getting hit. He is prob 19 years old and is 10 months removed from high school. He is good and has a lot of talent but you watch him and he still exhibits the high school reaction to some things happening around him. High school lot's of talented QB's just tuck it and run and run because they out-talent the other kids. If he is the starter?? I sure hope we have a designated backup who can go in and win a game for us. It should be(by experience-age) Fortin?? This QB uncertainty has plagued us for too many years now. We need a "star" to run this offense..hope we have one this season. I'll end w/ this..QF was beyond talented. He made plays out of Horse****. His vison was amazing. Don't see our next QF yet..

Timmy's first start was more impressive than Quinton Flowers first start against a baddddd (0-9) SMU team. That was the game we we're getting shut out, then had to bring in Mike White to lead us back if i recall correctly.

Also he's only 17 from what I've heard, and on the Weaver touchdown he sat in the pocket and went through his reads. Pretty sure coach said Weaver was the 3rd option on that play. Not bad for a guy younger than some high school QB's

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

39 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Timmy's first start was more impressive than Quinton Flowers first start against a baddddd (0-9) SMU team. That was the game we we're getting shut out, then had to bring in Mike White to lead us back if i recall correctly.

Also he's only 17 from what I've heard, and on the Weaver touchdown he sat in the pocket and went through his reads. Pretty sure coach said Weaver was the 3rd option on that play. Not bad for a guy younger than some high school QB's

Remember that 1st Q game and yes, McClain has talent no matter his young age. Time will tell.

50 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If I type slower will that help.  Grothe = senior =doesn't need reps 

McClain 17 or 18 year old freshman obviously does

And I will point out again her how Ole Miss' All American Qb was still chucking it up 40 late 3rd

apparently not because you just don't get it.

where was ole miss QB in 4th quarter? on the bench same as ours.

which is where a starter belongs in a blowout game. no offense but getting 3 more pass attempts against FAMU isn't going to accelerate his learning curve.

getting hurt and losing the rest of this season will not only take him out of conference play but will also retard his development.

I suspect that if BYU is a blowout in the other direction he will sit him as well. It's stupid risking injury in a meaningless situation.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

apparently not because you just don't get it.

where was ole miss QB in 4th quarter? on the bench same as ours.

which is where a starter belongs in a blowout game. no offense but getting 3 more pass attempts against FAMU isn't going to accelerate his learning curve.

getting hurt and losing the rest of this season will not only take him out of conference play but will also retard his development.

I suspect that if BYU is a blowout in the other direction he will sit him as well. It's stupid risking injury in a meaningless situation.

He shouldn't have gotten only 3 more attempts.  Maybe you missed the All American part and an actual blowout 

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He shouldn't have gotten only 3 more attempts.  Maybe you missed the All American part and an actual blowout 

next time we are ranked 13th and need to impress the polls then we can leave our all american in until the end of the 3rd quarter in a blowout.

one thing we both had in common is that we sat our starter in the 4th quarter during a blowout. which pretty much any coach with half a brain would do.